OAKBROOK TERRACE, IL--(Marketwire - Jan 24, 2013) - Redbox, a Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR) brand and America's destination for entertainment, announced today that it has started selling live event tickets in the Los Angeles market, expanding the Redbox Tickets service that recently launched in Philadelphia.
Tickets are now available at approximately 1,300 Redbox® kiosks in Los Angeles and online at redbox.com/tickets. Redbox also announced new agreements with five leading ticketing companies, including Agile Ticketing, Paciolan, ShoWare, Ticketfly and TicketMob, as well as one with Caesars Entertainment.
"Redbox is a trusted brand and a connector to local communities," said Anne Saunders, president of Redbox. "With the introduction of Redbox Tickets in Los Angeles, customers can now rely on us to discover great tickets to events and attractions from our trusted partners at a great value."
Redbox will make these tickets available for sale at face value or below, with just a $1 fee per ticket, in addition to ticket price and tax. Tickets can either be printed at home or picked up at the event venue. Redbox Tickets can be purchased online and at the same kiosks where consumers rent DVDs, Blu-ray Discs™ and video games.
Today's announcement covers a variety of Los Angeles-based entertainment options for Redbox kiosks, including concerts, comedy clubs, nightclubs, motorsport events, cultural events and family-friendly attractions.
- Agile Ticketing brings more laughs to Redbox kiosks with tickets to shows at the legendary Laugh Factory clubs in Hollywood and Long Beach.
- An agreement with Caesars Entertainment will soon add a strong lineup of Las Vegas-based entertainment options to Redbox kiosks. With more than 30 shows across eight Las Vegas resorts, including Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Flamingo and Harrah's, this agreement provides Redbox users the widest selection of entertainment options in the famed resort city. From iconic production shows like Bally's Jubilee! to special concert performances, comedy acts or magic spectaculars, such as Rio headliners Penn & Teller, Caesars offers entertainment to suit every taste and budget.
- Ticketfly, a leading ticketing and marketing platform in the US and Canada, has signed an agreement with Redbox, and is in the process of making concert ticket inventory available for venues in Los Angeles.
"As the market leader in data-driven event ticketing, Ticketfly is always looking for new ways to help our clients streamline operations and sell more tickets," said Gannon Hall, Ticketfly's chief marketing & product officer. "Our agreement with Redbox provides exciting new online and retail channels for venues and promoters using Ticketfly to reach consumers via a trusted brand in entertainment."
- Through an agreement with TicketMob, the premier forward-thinking and socially-driven ticketing platform, Redbox will begin offering tickets for one of the country's best known comedy brands, Improv Comedy Clubs, at four of its Los Angeles locations. TicketMob and Redbox will also offer tickets to the legendary nightclubs that make Los Angeles the entertainment capital of the world, including Playhouse Nightclub in Hollywood.
"TicketMob is thrilled to be one of the very first launch partners of Redbox Tickets in Los Angeles," said Scot Richardson, TicketMob founder/CEO. "The ability to help our artists, venues and promoters on LaughStub, TuneStub and ElectroStub drive additional ticket sales with a vast retail network of consumers is a win-win."
- Motorsports events are currently available through NASCAR® / ISC at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana and the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona.
- Paciolan, the leading provider of self-operational ticketing, marketing, and fundraising solutions, will be working with Redbox to bring select college athletics, performing arts, professional sports, and concert ticket inventory to kiosks and online in the near future.
- Redbox Tickets has fully integrated its platform with online ticketing company ShoWare, which serves a broad range of events such as fairs and festivals, casinos, sports arenas, live concert venues, and performing arts centers. The integration allows ShoWare clients, through use of the Redbox API, to allocate tickets to the Redbox platform.
- Ticketed admission will be sold to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) Stanley Kubrick Exhibition, Hollywood Wax Museum, the Guinness World Record Museum, as well as Pacific Park, the family amusement park on the Santa Monica Pier.
- Affordable packages to local attractions are available through agreements with Smart Destinations and CityPASS Hollywood.
"We are excited to bring Redbox Tickets to Los Angeles, and to expand our events-industry relationships to more ticketing companies, event producers and venues," said Mark Achler, senior vice president of new business, innovation and strategy, Redbox. "Redbox is truly a partner to the industry in marketing events to our customers who are eager to discover great live entertainment."
Consumers who are interested in discovering local entertainment and attractions can go to their Los Angeles-area Redbox kiosks or visit www.redbox.com/tickets. Interested venues, event owners, attractions, team owners and ticketing companies can contact Redbox at SellTickets@redbox.com.
Redbox Tickets first launched in Philadelphia in October 2012 offering ticket sales online and at more than 650 Redbox kiosks in the metropolitan Philadelphia market.
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and video-game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at approximately 42,400 kiosks across 34,600 locations nationwide, including leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, and select Walgreens, Walmart and McDonald's locations in some markets. For more information, visit redbox.com.
Safe Harbor for Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements in this press release are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including phrases conveying expectation or intent and other expressions identifying future performance. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance which may vary materially from performance expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Differences may result from actions taken by Coinstar, Inc. or Redbox as well as those of third parties and from risks and uncertainties beyond our control. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, changes in the rollout timing for tickets, ability to obtain or maintain adequate inventory, our ability to attract new partners and penetrate new markets and distribution channels and the termination, non-renewal or renegotiation on materially adverse terms of contract terms with our suppliers and retailers. The foregoing risks and uncertainties are illustrative, but by no means exhaustive. For more information on factors that may affect future performance, please review "Risk Factors" described in our most recent Form 10-K and Forms 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements reflect Coinstar, Inc., and Redbox's expectations as of the date of this release. Neither Coinstar, Inc., nor Redbox undertakes any obligation to update the information provided herein.