TORONTO, ONTARIO and NEW YORK, NEW YORK--(Marketwired - Oct. 1, 2013) - In July 2013, Marcus Daniels, a digital product entrepreneur, investor and eLearning veteran, became new managing director at Extreme Startups, a leading startup tech accelerator headquartered in Toronto. Today in New York, he announced the organization's market-driven evolution from a singular 12-week cohort program to three integrated programs centered around an innovative new founder development curriculum.
"The accelerator model is at a critical inflection point as the market is now flooded with hundreds of programs that graduate founders that are not VC fundable," says Daniels. "We believe our new integrated three-program approach, which is firmly rooted in advanced digital product management training, will result in more startups securing institutional seed capital."
The new programs, which allow for both continuous and multi-entry points, are:
- Founders Academy - Mentor-driven product leadership curriculum for founders working on early stage ideas.
- Venture Advisory track - High potential startups competing to get funded.
- Advanced Cohort track - Funded startups that focus on optimizing product-market fit within a 16-week program.
Like Extreme Startups, the goal of the new programs is to supercharge founders development and help secure institutional seed capital.
Building the Extreme Startups team
Daniels also announced that Lauren Robinson, an ex-investment banker and international program developer, has joined as Head of Operations and Learning to spearhead the launch of the Founders Academy and help scale globally via curriculum development partnerships.
Startup showcase in New York
Daniels and Robinson are in New York for the launch of the new cohort at VentureOutNY, which has selected all four of Extreme's Advanced Cohort track companies to participate in an investor-curated showcase in Manhattan. The companies selected are:
- Candid - a visual commerce platform that tells a brand's story through the eyes and photos of its biggest fans.
- ExecNote - a sales automation platform that is changing the way sales teams sell to enterprise CEOs.
- FameBit - a one of a kind marketplace that matches and connects brands with accomplished video influencers.
- SqueezeCMM - a platform that helps companies measure, analyze and compare the effectiveness of content and social media channels.
"These businesses all have disruptive offerings with strong business plans and are ready for their shot on the global stage," says Daniels. We're moving away from single, local focused demo days to investor-curated showcases in key geographical markets like New York, Silicon Valley and Europe. This offers founders the opportunity to tell their stories in detail to leading international investors and close strategic deals that can help propel them to the next level."
About Extreme Startups
Extreme Startups is a leading startup accelerator that helps supercharge founder development and secure institutional seed capital. Our evolved programs provide an unrivaled combination of seed capital (up to $210K), digital product leadership education and access to a global pool of mentors. Founding investors include Extreme Venture Partners, Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Relay Ventures, Rho Canada Ventures and OMERS Ventures. For more information, please visit: http://www.ExtremeStartups.com.