CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Jun 9, 2015) - Winners of the 19th Annual Kinetic Process Innovation Awards sponsored by High Tech Views were announced today. Five companies were honored whose technology makes a significant contribution to supporting business growth and achievement for their customers. Additionally, one Vision Award winner has been named for a product or service accomplishment that exhibits the greatest potential for helping to solve and transform a critical business challenge using technological innovation.
Geneia, a firm that delivers creative analytic and technology solutions for healthcare efficiencies, has been honored with the 2015 Vision Award for its Physicians Misery Index and subsequent Joy of Medicine Challenge. The index revealed that 87 percent of the physicians surveyed believe that business and regulatory burdens are negatively impacting the patient-doctor relationship. As a result of that concerning response, Geneia sponsored the Joy of Medicine Challenge to provide a forum for physicians and medical students to submit ideas to bring back the 'joy of medicine.' Finalists chosen in each of three categories (EHR of the Future, Population Health and Joy of Medicine) will participate in a final pitch-off.
The Vision Award honors a company that exemplifies three key themes: Innovation, Value and Impact. Geneia's Physicians Misery Index and pro-active approach to seeking creative suggestions from physicians themselves, clearly demonstrates their commitment to innovation, delivering value and making an impact on a most important subject -- healthcare.
"We were extremely pleased by the number of outstanding entries that were submitted this year," said Drew Barrows, deputy editor of High Tech Views. "As in prior years, the panel of judges indicated that the selection process was challenging -- from Geneia's outstanding contribution, to Omnify's PLM software, Vecna's patient information exchange platform and Magnum Energy's wireless energy management technology, each submission embodied a commitment to delivering exceptional products to create more efficiency and greater ROI for their customers.
The 2015 Kinetic Process Innovation Award winners are:
- Magnum Energy, Hudson, OH, manufacturer of innovative energy management solutions integrating with building automation systems for its self-powered wireless energy management technology deployed at Kenyon College.
- Northwest Analytics, Portland, OR, for its pioneering Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence software, NWA Focus EMI® and the deployment of its solution, which provides complete data source integration, real-time process analytics and visibility, at Palmer Foundries.
- Omnify Software, Tewksbury, MA, for its product lifecycle management (PLM) software at Witricity to enable faster time to market.
- Trelleborg Wheels Systems Americas, Woburn, MA, for its downtime-saving Pit Stop Line deployed at Briggs Equipment.
- Vecna, Cambridge, MA, for its deployment of Vecna's Patient Information Exchange at Boulder Community Health.
About Kinetic Process Innovation Awards:
The awards program, founded by Kinetic Information LLC in 1996, is sponsored by High Tech Views to recognize innovation in the application of information technology. Awards focus on the business benefits user organizations derive from their technology systems. Winners are selected by a panel of experts consisting of independent professionals who are recognized authorities in their fields. The judging process is free of any vendor or other bias so the emphasis remains on the business benefits provided by each winning implementation.