SOURCE: 1-800-FREE411

1-800-FREE411

October 15, 2009 09:45 ET

1-800-FREE411 Now Offers Movie Times, Weather, Sports Scores and Much More

Expanded Service Helps Callers Get Loads of Information on the Go

BILLERICA, MA--(Marketwire - October 15, 2009) - No smartphone? No problem. The nation's leading provider of free directory assistance, 1-800-FREE411, announced today that it has vastly expanded its FREE service offering to give callers a plethora of information such as sports scores, weather updates, movie times, horoscopes, TV schedules and much more in addition to free listings for phone numbers.

Since it launched in 2005, 1-800-FREE411 has saved Americans more than one billion dollars in directory assistance fees and continues to offer callers any business, residential, government or toll-free phone listing for free, saving them up to $2 per call. As part of its new menu offering, callers can now get more than 30 categories of helpful information for free every time they call 1-800-FREE411 from a cell phone or landline:

--  Headline news
--  Current weather and forecasts
--  Sports scores
--  Horoscopes
--  Celebrity news and gossip
--  DVD releases
--  Joke of the day
--  Lotto results
--  Movie show times
--  TV schedules
--  Fun fact of the day
--  New music releases
--  Listings for residential, business and government numbers
--  FREE five-minute long-distance calls within the U.S. and to more than
    100 countries around the world
    

"Although it seems BlackBerrys and iPhones are everywhere these days, studies show only 19 percent of Americans have a smartphone with Web access," said John Roswech, president of Jingle Networks, the parent company of 1-800-FREE411. "For the other 81 percent who don't have Web enabled phones, 1-800-FREE411 gives callers access to movie times, weather, sports scores, phone numbers, celebrity gossip and much more. By offering more free information than ever, we continue to be an essential resource to Americans interested in saving money."

In addition to the free information offering, 1-800-FREE411 also allows callers from the continental United States to make free five-minute phone calls. To place a free long distance call, callers dial 1-800-FREE411 and listen to the main menu prompts where they can select "free call." After entering the phone number that they wish to call, including a country code, they will be connected free of charge for five minutes. Callers have to listen to two short advertisements and there is no limit on the number of calls they can make in a day. Mobile phone callers may still be charged for minutes by their service provider.

About Jingle Networks and 1-800-FREE411

Jingle Networks, operator of the nation's leading ad-supported directory assistance service 1-800-FREE411, has significantly changed the directory assistance market by giving consumers an anytime, anywhere source of free information on the phone. 1-800-FREE411 is for anyone who owns a phone and needs information but is dissatisfied with the high cost of directory assistance. For more information, visit www.FREE411.com.

Contact Information

  • Contact:
    Meghan Lee
    For Jingle Networks
    (415) 277-4901
    Email Contact