NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jan 28, 2013) - 10gen, the MongoDB company, today announced year-end 2012 results which include customer and community milestones, product enhancements and recognition for MongoDB as the clear NoSQL database leader.
Customer adoption of MongoDB was strong for the company including accelerating momentum in the large enterprise segment. 10gen's commercial customer count rose in the year to more than 500, including many of the world's leading brands, such as Cisco, Craigslist, Disney, EA, eBay, Ericsson, Forbes, Foursquare, Intuit, LexisNexis, MTV, Salesforce.com, Shutterfly and Telefonica.
MongoDB is one of the most popular new technologies with a fast-growing global community. New milestones reached during the year include:
- More than 3.8 million downloads of MongoDB
- 47,000 Online Education registrations (10gen Education launched in 2012)
- 15,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members
- 14,000 MongoDB Monitoring Service users
- 10,000 MongoDB Days 2012 event attendees globally
10gen enhanced MongoDB and MongoDB Monitoring Service (MMS) and launched the MongoDB Cloud Subscriptions offering:
- Version 2.2 of MongoDB includes real-time aggregation framework, multi-data center deployment features, a new locking architecture and numerous additional features.
- MongoDB Cloud Subscriptions are new on-demand MongoDB production-class systems now available across SoftLayer's global cloud infrastructure.
- MongoDB Monitoring Service (MMS) added metric-based alerts, MongoDB log data sample capture and support for isolated database lock and record set data.
Third-party recognition for 10gen and MongoDB included leading publications, research firms, Indeed.com and LinkedIn:
- Media highlights included CNET, Computerworld, eWeek, Forbes, GigaOM, Inc. Magazine, InfoWorld, InformationWeek, Network World, New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
- Analyst research mentions came from The 451 Group, Curt Monash Research, ESG Research, Forrester, Gartner, RedMonk and Wikibon.
- MongoDB was listed as a top employer skillset for online jobs in 2012, according to Indeed.com.
- Research by The 451 Group, based on LinkedIn skills, revealed that MongoDB adoption is greater than several other NoSQL databases combined.
MongoDB is the open-source, document database popular among developers and IT professionals due to its agile and scalable approach. MongoDB provides a JSON data model with dynamic schemas, extensive driver support, auto-sharding, built-in replication and high availability, full and flexible index support, rich queries, aggregation, in-place updates and GridFS for large file storage.
Common use cases for MongoDB include operational and analytical big data, content management and delivery, mobile and social infrastructure, user data management and data hub.
10gen is the company behind MongoDB, the leading NoSQL database. MongoDB is the open-source, document-oriented database that is quickly reshaping the overall database and big data market due to the popularity of its agile and scalable approach among developers and IT professionals for new applications in the cloud and beyond. For more information, visit www.10gen.com.