SOURCE: American River Bankshares
SACRAMENTO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 22, 2013) - American River Bank, a subsidiary of American River Bankshares (NASDAQ: AMRB), today announced that in partnership with the American River Bankshares Foundation (AMRB Foundation), $147,500 was awarded to nine local non-profit organizations in Northern California. Since 2005, the AMRB Foundation has donated $572,500 to over 35 different organizations.
The AMRB Foundation is pleased to announce its first ever Community Partners, Courage Worldwide and Legal Aid of Sonoma, who will each receive a commitment from the Foundation for $50,000 over a three-year period.
"Bankers aren't typically known for showing heart, so we're proud to say that these nine organizations truly touched ours, as well as convinced us through solid facts of the significant impact they make in our community," said David T. Taber, President and CEO of American River Bank. "The employees at American River Bank are the driving force behind the Foundation, screening applications and donating their own money to make a difference."
In 2012, American River Bank employees donated almost $18,000 to the AMRB Foundation, 100% of which is matched by the Bank. 100% of donations to the AMRB Foundation are granted to community organizations as the AMRB Foundation is supported by American River Bank.
In mid-February, American River Bank hosted Community Celebration Events in Sacramento and Sonoma to showcase the organizations which received the grants and raise awareness about the AMRB Foundation. To view pictures of the event, visit flickr.com/americanriverbank.
The AMRB Foundation's grant recipients are as follows:
- Courage Worldwide will receive $50,000 to provide a safe, loving environment, along with psychosocial and educational services for minors aged 11-17 who are victims of commercial sexual exploitation. http://courageworldwide.org/
- Legal Aid of Sonoma County will receive $50,000 to fund the Child Abuse Prevention Program to prevent child abuse and neglect. http://legalaidsc.org/
- Sacramento Life Center will receive $15,000 to fund the Mobile Medical Clinic, providing women of child bearing age with health exams, STD testing, education and treatment. http://www.saclife.org
- Stand Up Placer (formerly PEACE for Families) will receive $10,000 to support operations for the organization's core services, providing survivors of abuse with shelter and assistance resources. http://www.standupplacer.org/
- Assistance League of Sacramento will receive $5,000 to support program expenses for Operation School Bell, which provides clothing and uniforms to impoverished school children (K-6) in 35 schools in the Greater Sacramento Area. http://www.sacramento.assistanceleague.org
- C.A.S.H. (Community Against Sexual Harm) will receive $5,000 to support operational services that provide assistance to sexually exploited victims. http://www.cashsac.org
- Interfaith Food Bank will receive $5,000 to fund the Weekend Backpack Program, distributing backpacks and food to underprivileged school children. http://feedamador.org
- Shoulder to Shoulder will receive $5,000 to help provide mentorship and respond to the needs and interests of fatherless young men, seventh to twelfth grades, in Del Paso Heights. http://teamsts.org/
- Amador-Tuolumne Community Resources will receive $2,500 to support the Families Home Safe program to prevent and end homelessness among single mothers with children. http://www.atcaa.org
The AMRB Foundation was established in July 2004 to give back meaningfully to local organizations that create opportunity, enhance self-esteem and provide physical and emotional well-being for the most vulnerable women and children. For information on how to donate to the AMRB Foundation or apply for grant funding, visit AmericanRiverBank.com/AMRBFoundation.
About American River Bank
American River Bank, a subsidiary of American River Bankshares (NASDAQ: AMRB), is a regional bank serving Northern California since 1983. We give business owners more REACH by offering financial expertise and exceptional service to complement a full suite of banking products and services. Our honest approach, commitment to community and focus on profitability is intended to lead our clients to greater success. For more information, call (800) 544-0545 or visit AmericanRiverBank.com.