MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 16, 2016) - Turning ideas into products and services is easier said than done, but for 18 finalists competing for Information Technology Association of Canada's 2016 Ingenious Awards, the struggle to innovate, collaborate and focus on excellence has paid off.
ITAC's Ingenious Awards celebrate the use of technology to improve the performance of large and small businesses, large and small government operations and not-for- profit organizations.
"Innovation is at the foundation of much of the success we see within the ICT community," noted Robert Watson, President and CEO of ITAC. "Leveraging digital technologies ranging from cloud computing to the Internet of Things, this year's finalists are transforming products, processes and business models, and are reshaping the way Canadians work, shop, access healthcare, and even do their banking."
Forty four nominations were scrutinized by judges from the CIO Association of Canada who looked for clear demonstrations of measurable achievement and innovation related to the use of information and communications technology to address opportunities and challenges.
Nominations came from across Canada. A second panel of judges will review the finalist submissions and determine the 2016 Ingenious Award winners along with the CanadianCIO of the Year Award Winners in the public and private sector. The winners will be announced at the Ingenious Awards Gala Dinner on November 8 in Toronto.
Large Private Sector
- Tangerine: Tangerine's Biometric Launch (Ontario)
- NAV CANADA: iSign (Ontario)
- Moneris: Moneris Cloud Payment API (Ontario)
Large Public Sector
- TransLink: Integration of Metro Vancouver's Smart Card System (Compass) with Post-Secondary Education Institutions & Provincial Ministries for a Seamless Customer Experience (BC)
- Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, ServiceOntario: Private Security and Investigative Services (PSIS) Transformation Project (Ontario)
- University Health Network: The Implementation of the University Health Network Advanced Clinical Documentation Tool for Severe Obesity Care: A Model for Leveraging Technology to Improve Patient Outcomes (Ontario)
- eHealth Ontario: Connecting GTA (Ontario)
- Humber River Hospital (HRH): Digital Hospital Achievement & Advanced Clinical Systems Implementation (Ontario)
- Halton Healthcare: Digitization of the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (Ontario)
SME Public Sector
- OntarioMD: OntarioMD Hospital Report Manager & eNotifications: Powerful tools for timely patient care (Ontario)
- First Nations Integrated Health Solution: Home Care Reporting System Implementation Project (Alberta InterRAI project)
SME Private Sector (non ICT)
- Nature Fresh™ Farms: Nature Fresh™ Farms Grows Productivity (Ontario)
- Goodleaf Community Farms Ltd : Interactive Nutrient Contact for Controlled-Climate Indoor Farming (Nova Scotia)
- Body Energy Club: Customer Loyalty Supplements Healthy Store Growth (BC)
SME Private Sector (ICT)
- Thirdshelf Inc: Helping SMBs Build a Loyal Following (And Profitability) (Quebec)
- Esri Canada: Assessment Analyst: Transforming the real estate industry with quicker, more accurate property assessments (Ontario)
- Furniture Bank: Furniture Bank (Ontario)
- Good Samaritan Society: MEDITECH Financial System Implementation (Alberta)
As Canada's national ICT business association, the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) champions the development of a robust and sustainable digital economy in Canada. A vital connection between business and government, we provide our members with the advocacy, networking and professional development services that help them to thrive nationally and compete globally.