NATICK, MA--(Marketwired - Jan 15, 2014) - TwinStrata, an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions, released highlights today for its fiscal year ending December 31, 2013. TwinStrata's record year was driven by increased demand for cloud backup, disaster recovery on demand and cloud archive solutions.
TwinStrata achieved substantial growth across all measures of its business, including:
- Total 2013 bookings grew to more than 250 percent of bookings in 2012.
- A total of more than 600 installations of the company's CloudArray cloud-integrated storage software platform demonstrates an increase of 77 percent over 2012. Customer growth driven by industry momentum within education, healthcare, media/advertising and manufacturing verticals.
- More than six petabytes of capacity under management -- more than double the amount at year end 2012.
- Increased headcount across the business, including the addition of experienced leaders in alliances, marketing and sales.
In addition, TwinStrata released two major upgrades to its CloudArray product, which earned industry-wide accolades including being named a storage systems finalist in Storage Magazine/SearchStorage's Product of the Year award and Editor's Choice in Virtualization Review's 2014 Reader's Choice Awards for the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform category. The upgrades included:
- Better, faster disaster recovery and "fire drills" with live disaster recovery testing and accelerated cache reload to speed testing procedures and data recovery
- Worry-free on-demand disaster recovery to cloud compute infrastructure for VMware and Hyper-V environments
- Enhanced automation, including calendar-based snapshot scheduling and retention policies, powerful bandwidth scheduling and automated backup with encrypted encryption key protection
- Improved dynamic caching, with flexible volume migration and balancing across dynamic cache policies to meet performance, sizing and tech refresh requirements
- Improved platform support including support for Cleversafe dsNet, EVault LTS2 and OpenStack's Keystone technology
Jesse Jepsen, president, Runwell Solutions, Inc. of Reading, PA, said:
- "We've worked quite a lot with TwinStrata this year, both as a customer and as a partner, and we've been impressed. CloudArray makes it straightforward and easy to expand local storage with an unlimited pool of cloud storage, providing our customers with a robust offsite data protection strategy. Meanwhile, their simplified pricing model eliminates cost uncertainty, making cloud backup, archive and disaster recovery both affordable and predictable. We're excited to do even more great things with them in 2014."
Nicos Vekiarides, CEO of TwinStrata, said:
- "Companies come to us because of our unique ability to extend local capacity with on-demand cloud storage. Our vision of making hybrid cloud storage environments ubiquitous, affordable and maintenance-free has enabled hundreds of customers to meet current and future storage needs, whether they be backup, archive, disaster recovery or all around data growth. This tremendous year has really proved that out."
TwinStrata's cloud-integrated storage software provides limitless backup and archive storage with built-in disaster recovery. By enabling customers to scale their local storage capacity with on-demand cloud storage using SAN or NAS interfaces, CloudArray makes capacity expansion and offsite data protection frictionless, affordable and easy. More information is available at twinstrata.com.