PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL--(Marketwired - Nov 29, 2016) - The National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), the largest, national, independent education technology conference, today shared its slate of informative and engaging keynote and featured presenters for the upcoming event. Taking place on January 24-27, 2017, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., FETC 2017 promises to fulfill the hands-on professional development needs of preK-12 education leaders, administrators and technologists from around the world.
"Each year, FETC brings together the foremost authorities on education and technology to share stories about their hard-won expertise, as well as to discuss strategies and techniques that attendees can implement within their own schools and districts," said Jennifer Womble, program chair of FETC. "This year's roster of exceptional speakers is quite simply one of the best we've ever had. We look forward to hearing from them about their experiences as we help educators gain the technical knowledge and digital tools they need to tackle their biggest academic challenges today and in the future."
High-profile presenters at FETC 2017 include keynote speaker Michael Meechin, who will present "A Wake-Up Call: Breaking Down Barriers to High-Impact Instruction," on Thursday, January 26. As principal of Poinciana High School, a Title I school in Central Florida, Meechin has witnessed first-hand how technology can help schools overcome academic barriers and engage with students and parents in new and enlightening ways. His one-of-a-kind session will captivate attendees with an exploration of the technology strategies available to deliver innovation and impact in education.
Numerous edtech experts will complement Meechin's informative session through a variety of workshops, presentations and skill-builder demonstrations. Additional featured presenters at FETC 2017 who will share their best practice approaches to implementing current and emerging technologies into the classroom environment include:
- Dr. Darryl Adams, Superintendent, Coachella Valley (Calif.) Unified School District
- Steven Anderson, Digital Learning/Relationship Evangelist, Web20Classroom
- Beatriz Arnillas, Director of IT and Education Technology, Houston (Texas) Independent School District
- James Basham, Associate Professor and Cofounder of the UDL Implementation and Research Network, University of Kansas
- Adam Bellow, CEO, Breakout EDU
- Jaime Casap, Education Evangelist, Google
- Hall Davidson, Senior Director Global Learning Initiatives, Discovery Education
- Rafranz Davis, Executive Director of Professional and Digital Learning, Lufkin (Texas) Independent School District
- Daisy Dyer Duerr, Former Principal, St. Paul Schools, Huntsville (Ark.) School District
- Leslie Fisher, Director, lesliefisher.com
- Karen Haase, Attorney, KSB School Law, PC
- Dr. Kate Highfield, Research Fellow, RIPPLE (Research Institute for Professional Practice Learning and Education), Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Rushton Hurley, Executive Director, NextVista.org
- Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian, Howard County (Md.) Public Schools
- Dr. Katrina Keene, Educational Strategist, Dell
- Patrick LeBlanc, Author and Architect, Microsoft US Education
- Gail Lovely, Independent Educator, Suddenly It Clicks!
- Sylvia Martinez, Author, Invest to Learn
- Shannon McClintock-Miller, Teacher Librarian, Consultant, Speaker, Author
- Ann McMullan, Education Consultant, Los Angeles; Former Executive Director of Educational Technology, Klein (Texas) Independent School District
- Bryan Miller, Director of Innovation and Educational Technology, Edventure Quests LLC
- Thomas Murray, Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools
- Mary Schillinger, Consultant and Former Deputy Superintendent, Las Virgenes (Calif.) Unified School District
- Kathy Schrock, CEO, kackl!
In addition to keynote addresses, hands-on workshops and concurrent sessions, attendees of FETC 2017 will be afforded the opportunity to interact with and learn from their peers through a number of networking events. Before making a determination about technology investments, FETC attendees also can get an up-close look at the latest technologies and newest products on the market at the event's Exhibit Hall. More than 400 leading manufacturers will be on hand to provide live demonstrations and hands-on presentations so educators can see the technology in action.
A full conference schedule, venue information and registration details can be found at www.FETC.org or by calling toll-free 1-800-727-1227.
About the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
The National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), the largest, national, independent education technology conference, annually attracts thousands of education and technology leaders from around the world. Delivering strategies and best practices for student success and schoolwide advancement, FETC is known as one of the nation's premier education technology events! Recognized for its outstanding program year after year, FETC provides CTOs, CIOs, Innovation Directors, Special Ed/Pupil Services Directors, Early Childhood Directors, Media Specialists, Technologists, Administrators and other Educators, the opportunity to explore the most effective integration of technology across the curriculum -- from preK-12 -- through premium sessions, intensive workshops, various concurrent sessions, live demonstrations of several hundred hardware and software products, plus much more. www.FETC.org
About LRP Conferences, LLC
LRP Conferences, LLC, an affiliate of LRP Publications, produces more than a dozen professional conferences and trade shows annually including: Campus Technology Conference, Ergonomics Conference & ErgoExpo, Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), Recruiting Trends Conference, and Talent Acquisition Tech Conference.
About LRP Publications
LRP Publications, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is a broad-based media company serving business and education professionals. Specializing in the fields of education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers' compensation and disability, the company publishes hundreds of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources on various topics including Title 1 and Special Education. Additionally, LRP publishes two industry-leading magazines: Human Resources Executive® and Risk & Insurance®, plus delivers top-quality training and professional development with eLearning, conferences and tradeshows including: HR Technology Conference & Exposition®, National Institute on Legal Issues of Educating Individuals with Disabilities®, National Workers' Compensation and Disability Conference® & Expo and dozens more. For a complete list of LRP products, eCourses and conferences, please visit www.lrp.com.