PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL--(Marketwired - Sep 29, 2016) - The National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), a premier ed tech event, today announced details of the 2017 STEM Excellence Awards -- designed to recognize excellence and innovation in the field of STEM education at the primary, middle and high school levels -- taking place during the 37th annual FETC event, January 24 - 27, 2017 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. The conference is accepting nominations for the awards now through November 10, 2016.
"Business leaders, educators and lawmakers know that technology will fuel our future, and understand that preparing the youth of today for the jobs of tomorrow is a major priority," said Jennifer Womble, program chair of FETC. "However, estimates say there will be 2.4 million STEM-based job vacancies in 2018 alone. By recognizing the excellent STEM education programs working around the country, FETC hopes to inspire other school leaderships to establish STEM goals and programs to expand STEM skills and ensure there will be a talented, tech-educated pipeline to draw from in future years.
STEM is the study of four disciplines (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) integrated into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications. Educators increasingly instruct students using this interdisciplinary approach as it relates to the ability to compete in a new global economy.
Given the growing importance of STEM education, the annual STEM Excellence Awards seek to recognize the schools and districts that have implemented STEM programs successfully and give them the platform to share their proven strategies with their peers.
Those who wish to nominate their school or district for the STEM Excellence Awards must submit their applications by Thursday, November 10, 2016. A panel of STEM education leaders will then evaluate all submissions based on their use of interdisciplinary curriculum, collaboration, design, problem solving and the STEM experiences offered by each school.
Winners for the primary, middle and high school categories receive complimentary registration to FETC and will be formally announced during STEM Excellence Keynote session on Thursday, January 26 at 8:30 a.m. EST. Each finalist school will also present their exemplary STEM programs during the STEM Theater Presentations throughout the conference. Through these presentations, representatives from each school will discuss the best tools and techniques to inspire students and share innovative ideas on how attendees can implement groundbreaking programs in the STEM curriculum at their own schools.
In addition to the STEM Excellence Awards, FETC 2017 will have a significant focus on the topic, exploring the importance of STEM in several educational sessions, including:
- Girls & STEM: Leadership for Inclusion, Equity and Action: This session will explore research, resources and best practices to involve girls of all ages in STEM, providing insights on how to bring new tools and technology to classrooms to support hands-on learning.
- Leadership with STEM Matters: STEM foundations are put in place and supported by school leadership; this session will provide ideas for STEM implementation in an elementary setting and how to strengthen current STEM programs.
- Using Technology to Facilitate STEM Related Hands-on Learning: This presentation will highlight how technology can be used to provide students with step-by-step instructions, relevant and timely support and feedback, in-line assessment and multimedia tools to capture observations to overcome problems associated with traditional hands-on learning experiences.
- STEM and Tech Integration Lesson Planning in Early Childhood: Planning for Play: Attendees will learn how to effectively integrate STEM skills and lessons into early childhood education, discovering teaching models that support and enable teachers to design, develop and infuse digital learning experiences that utilize technology with young children.
- Create Bravely: Empowering STEM Education Through Creative Maker Solutions: As classrooms around the country explore STEM through a creative lens, this session will show the tools that promote creative, project-based learning to engage and empower students and spark transformational change.
Additional details about each of these sessions and the more than 550 workshops and sessions offered at 2017 FETC can be found in the conference agenda.
Registration is now open for the Future of Education Technology Conference. A $150.00 Super Saver discount is currently available. For additional information and to register, visit www.fetc.org or call toll-free 1-800-727-1227.
About the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
The Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) annually attracts thousands of education and technology leaders from around the world. Delivering strategies and best practices for student success and schoolwide advancement, FETC is known as one of the nation's premier education technology events! Recognized for its outstanding program year after year, FETC provides CTOs, CIOs, Innovation Directors, Special Ed/Pupil Services Directors, Early Childhood Directors, Media Specialists, Technologists, Administrators and other Educators, the opportunity to explore the most effective integration of technology across the curriculum -- from preK-12 -- through premium sessions, intensive workshops, various concurrent sessions, live demonstrations of several hundred hardware and software products, plus much more. www.FETC.org
About LRP Conferences, LLC
LRP Conferences, LLC, an affiliate of LRP Publications, produces more than a dozen professional conferences and trade shows annually including: Campus Technology Conference, Ergonomics Conference & ErgoExpo, Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), Recruiting Trends Conference, and Talent Acquisition Tech Conference.
About LRP Publications
LRP Publications, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is a broad-based media company serving business and education professionals. Specializing in the fields of education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers' compensation and disability, the company publishes hundreds of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources on various topics including Title 1 and Special Education. Additionally, LRP publishes two industry-leading magazines: Human Resources Executive® and Risk & Insurance®, plus delivers top-quality training and professional development with eLearning, conferences and tradeshows including: HR Technology Conference & Exposition®, National Institute on Legal Issues of Educating Individuals with Disabilities®, National Workers' Compensation and Disability Conference® & Expo and dozens more. For a complete list of LRP products, eCourses and conferences, please visit www.lrp.com.