DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - September 29, 2016) -
- New Texas TITAN adds custom exterior treatments to TITAN XD and TITAN Crew Cab 4x4 and 4x2 models
- Offered in TITAN XD SV and SL grades with choice of advanced Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel or 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 gasoline engines
- Texas TITAN half-ton models available with V8-equipped SV and SL grades
- Debut comes at State Fair of Texas kickoff event, part of Nissan's "Year of the Truck" celebration of the 2017 TITAN, Armada, Pathfinder and Rogue
A new "Texas TITAN" package joins the Nissan TITAN lineup for the first time for the 2017 model year, adding a range of custom appearance features including a special chrome grille and 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. The Texas TITAN package is available in a range of two TITAN and four TITAN XD Crew Cab grades, including 4x4 and 4x2 drive configurations.
The addition of the special appearance package is part of the ongoing expansion of the Nissan full-size pickup lineup as it enters its second year of production. Once the roll-out of all TITAN cab, bed, powertrain and grade level configurations is complete, the TITAN family will cover about 85 percent of the total light pickup marketplace.
The new 2017 Texas TITAN includes:
- Chrome inner and outer grille finish
- 20-inch chrome aluminum-alloy wheels
- Metallic-finish kick plates
- Texas TITAN floor mats
- Chrome exhaust finishers
- Texas TITAN badging
"TITAN XD was named 'Texas Truck of the Year' last fall by the Texas Auto Writers Association so it's fitting to acknowledge the Lone Star State with this special vehicle," said Fred Diaz, division vice president and general manager, North America Trucks and Light Commercial Vehicles, Nissan North America, Inc. "For native Texans like myself, the Texas TITAN is the perfect representation of Texas attitude - big horsepower, big torque, huge capabilities."
Every Texas TITAN comes with "America's Best Truck Warranty"1, featuring bumper-to-bumper coverage of 5-years/100,000-miles, whichever comes first. The warranty is available on every 2017 TITAN and TITAN XD.
About the 2017 TITAN Lineup
The TITAN XD Crew Cab is offered with a choice of two engines - the Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel, which is rated at 310 horsepower and 555 lb-ft of torque; and the 5.6-liter Endurance V8, rated at 390 horsepower and 394 lb-ft of torque. The TITAN half-ton is available with the new 5.6-liter Endurance V8. Diesel equipped models feature an Aisin 6-speed automatic transmission and V8 gasoline engine equipped versions utilize a 7-speed automatic transmission.
Available towing, utility features and driving aids include an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Tow/Haul Mode with Downhill Speed Control and a Trailer Light Check system. Also assisting trailer hook-ups is the TITAN's RearView Monitor with Trailer Guides, while the available Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)2 provides a unique "bird's eye" view of the surrounding area from front, rear and side cameras to help with parking and pulling in and out of tight spaces. TITAN XD models feature an available integrated gooseneck hitch engineered into the frame and easily accessible in the bed.
In addition, 2017 TITAN XD and TITAN Single Cab models, the first-ever single cab offering in TITAN history, are designed to provide an affordable and rugged entry-point in the commercial fleet/work truck market. The Single Cab is the second of three eventual TITAN body configurations, joining the current Crew Cab and future King Cab. The Single Cab models are scheduled to go on sale in late fall 2016.
For more information on the Nissan TITAN XD and TITAN, including photography, please visit NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 247,500 employees globally, Nissan sold 5.32 million vehicles and generated revenue of 11.38 trillion yen (USD 103.6 billion) in fiscal year 2014. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. Nissan leads the world in zero-emission mobility, dominated by sales of the LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle. It is the best-selling EV in history with almost 50% share of the zero-emission vehicle segment. For more information on our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
1. Claim based on years/mileage (whichever occurs first) covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty basic coverage. Ward's 2016 Large Pickup Segmentation and Small Pickup Segmentation v. 2017 TITAN and TITAN XD. Nissan's New Vehicle Limited Warranty basic coverage excludes tires, corrosion coverage and federal and California emission performance and defect coverage. Other terms and conditions also apply. See dealer for complete warranty details. Warranty claim is current at time of printing.
2. AVM with MOD cannot completely eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. MOD operates at vehicles speeds below 5 mph. Always check surroundings before moving vehicle. Not a substitute for proper backing procedures. Always turn to check what is behind you before backing up.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/9/28/11G115992/Images/nissan_TITAN_Texas_18-04eb1a0939ac91758b4adb6e0f2843a1.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/9/28/11G115992/Images/nissan_TITAN_Texas_05-bdf57c72afa2ab5aac9e914e5e7c9f6b.jpg