NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jul 19, 2012) - 33Across, operators of the largest social and interest graph in the world, reaching over a billion users globally, today announced it has secured $13.1 million in new equity financing. The round was led by new investor Pelion Venture Partners, with continued support from existing investors Flybridge Capital, Greycroft Partners, First Round Capital, iNovia Capital, Panorama Capital, QED Investors, Metamorphic Ventures, and Great Oaks Venture Capital. To date, the company has raised more than $26 million in total.
33Across is on a rapid growth trajectory. The company's revenues shot up dramatically in 2011: its compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from inception in 2008 through 2011 was 468%.
33Across will use this added capital to continue its industry leadership and accelerate investment in new product innovation and engineering. The company plans to significantly expand its presence in the advertising and publishing industries and build on its current client roster, which includes more than 375 Fortune 1000 marketers and over 600,000 publishers.
Recent company highlights include:
- Continued employee growth, including recently adding four new management team executives and five new sales executives. The company currently has 85 employees.
- Tynt Acquisition in January 2012.
- Introduction of The Brand Graph™, a blueprint for advertisers to transform unstructured social, interest, and search data into actionable, high value audience segments.
- Expansion in US market, with offices in 11 cities including New York City, Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Detroit and Chicago.
- Recognition by AlwaysOn with its third annual award for technology and innovation, eRetail for its leadership in the category, and SXSW solo speaker at the 2012 Interactive event.
"The term 'social graph' is more often associated with Facebook than any other technology company," stated Chad Packard, Partner of Pelion. "However, there is a wide-open race underway to determine who will most successfully leverage anonymous social data gleaned from billions of actions taking place across the 'rest-of-web.' Clearly, we and our investor partners have placed our bets on 33Across."
"The movement to understand how massive amounts of content, search and social data surround and inform a brand is underway; many are calling it a marketing evolution," said Eric Wheeler, CEO of 33Across. "Big data has the potential to transform digital marketing and publishing, and this capital infusion accelerates our position as the most trusted partner for the world's largest advertisers and content owners."
About 33Across Inc.
Over 600,000 publishers and more than 375 Fortune 1000 marketers use 33Across's Brand Graph™ technology, tools, and real-time predictive systems to connect their content and products into the social graph. Clients rely on their Brand Graph to leverage how individuals and the networks around them react to what is read, purchased, shared, and recommended in real-time. Reaching over a billion users, 33Across processes tens of thousands of anonymous social engagement, influence, and interest actions that surround marketer and publisher brands each second. The company has offices in 11 cities including New York, San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Salt Lake City, Chicago, Detroit, and Boston. Learn more at 33across.com.