TULSA, OK--(Marketwired - October 11, 2016) - 3DIcon Corporation (OTC PINK: TDCP) announced today it has appointed Doug Freitag as its CEO. Freitag previously served the Company in the role of Vice President of Technology and Business Development.
Freitag will oversee the continued research and development of the Company's proprietary CSpace® technology, along with commercialization of the proprietary technology and IP portfolio of Silicon-based technologies acquired through the recent merger with Coretec Industries, LLC. That portfolio includes technologies with potential for immediate application within the markets of energy storage (Lithium-ion batteries, for use in cell phones, laptops, etc., and electric cars, among others), solar energy, solid state lighting, and printable electronics.
Freitag brings more than 30 years of experience in commercializing advanced materials with much of it involving Silicon-based materials. He has supported more than 130 clients developing technologies for energy, medical, electronic, photonic, military, space, industrial, transportation, agriculture, and optics markets, while working with organizations such as Dow Corning, Avery Dennison, General Electric, UML, Triton Systems and DuPont.
"I look forward to assuming this new role during an exciting time for 3DIcon as a company. Following the recent merger with Coretec Industries, we are well positioned to continue the further advancement of our own 3D volumetric display technology, CSpace®," said Doug Freitag, CEO of 3DIcon. "We are also excited to enter new, burgeoning markets that utilize Silicon-materials which we anticipate will result in near-term revenue to the Company. I'd like to thank current 3DIcon leadership for inviting me to continue and expand my role within the Company, and am excited about our prospects moving forward."
The Company's Board of Directors subsequent to the merger, which include experienced individuals from both 3DIcon and Coretec, will be:
- Victor Keen, Director, Co-Chairman: Mr. Keen is a significant shareholder in 3DIcon and has been a member of the Board since November 2007 and CEO since 2013. Mr. Keen is a graduate of Harvard Law School and Trinity College. Until November 2010 he was the chair of the Tax Practice Group at Duane Morris LLP, an international law firm and one of the 100 largest law firms in the world. Mr. Keen has been an active investor in a number of private companies, both start up and later stage, including: Lending Tree, acquired by IAC Interactive Corp.; Circle Lending, Inc., now part of Richard Branson's Virgin Group; Bantam Pharmaceutical LLC, a privately held biotechnology company founded in 2015 focusing on the discovery and development of innovative cancer therapies and Rollover Systems, Inc., a privately held company involved in the matching of individual IRA/pension accounts with appropriate managers. Mr. Keen is a co-founder and co-owner of Bantam Pharmaceutical LLC.
- Simon Calton, Director, Co-Chairman: Simon Calton has over 12 years of experience in financing and company structuring. Since 2008 Mr. Calton has structured a number of Alternative Investment Products geared around Construction and Development in the United States and United Kingdom. In 2012 he co-founded Carlton James North Dakota Ltd, which specializes in funding specific projects and developments throughout the United States. In 2007 Mr. Calton co-founded Carlton James Private and Commercial, a project investment, pension administration service and global financing firm which helps to fund projects around the globe.
- Doug Freitag, CEO and Director: Doug Freitag brings a wealth of experience to his new role, including more than 30 years of commercializing advanced materials in aerospace, electronics, photonics, medical, and building industries and more than 25 years of federal grant and contract funding expertise. He has served in various engineering and management positions while employed by Ford Motor Company, Honeywell, and Lockheed Martin and supports a number of organizations, including Cerus, DNA Electronics, and Grey Innovations, among others. Support provided included research, development and transition of new technologies and Federal Business development. In 2016 alone he has contributed to winning new Federal contracts for clients with a value of over $230 million. Mr. Freitag was hired by 3DIcon as a Federal business development expert in December of 2013 and has served as the VP for Technology and Business Development until recently. He has a BSME and MSME from Purdue University.
- Dennis Anderson, Director: Mr. Anderson is an entrepreneur with over 23 years of experience in creating, funding, and/or managing technology-based startups and emerging companies primarily focused on research, development, and commercialization of new biotechnology and biopharmaceutical products for human and veterinary markets. He served as a co-founder and President of Coretec Industries, LLC since 2015. From June 2003 to May 2015 Mr. Anderson served as the Associate Vice President of the Office of Research and Creative Activities at North Dakota State University. Mr. Anderson graduated with a B.Sc. (microbiology) from North Dakota State University and M.Sc. (virology) from Kansas State University.
- Ron Dombrowski, Director: Ron Dombrowski has served as a member of Coretec's Board of Directors since August 2015. From 2010 to 2015, he served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing for CCW Energy Systems and Director of Sales for its parent company Lifting Solutions. Mr. Dombrowski has over 25 years of global sales and operations experience, growing and scaling both startups and Fortune 500 technology companies. He is a graduate of the Southern Illinois University with degrees in Electrical Engineering and Management.
"It was very important to us throughout this entire process that we built a strong management team, familiar with our technology and its development, to maintain continuity for our shareholders," said Victor Keen, co-chair, Board of Directors. "With Doug Freitag in place as CEO, and a Board of Directors comprised of experienced industry professionals, we are confident in the direction of our Company and look forward to its success."
About 3DIcon Corporation
3DIcon Corporation (the "Company") is a developer of technologies for emerging markets, including its patented volumetric 3D display technology, CSpace®. In collaboration with its wholly owned subsidiary, Coretec Industries, LLC, the Company utilizes a portfolio of silicon-based materials to pursue commercial development in energy-focused verticals such as energy storage, solar, and solid-state lighting, as well as printable electronics and 3D displays.
For more information please visit www.3dicon.net.