SOURCE: Trade Winds Ventures Inc.

March 02, 2006 16:00 ET

71% of 142 Diamond Drill Holes Returned at Least 10 Grams/Tonne Gold Over a Minimum of 1.0 Metres Along M Zone Corridor on Trade Winds' Optioned Properties at Detour Lake, Ontario

TIMMINS, ON -- (MARKET WIRE) -- March 2, 2006 -- Trade Winds Ventures Inc. (TSX-V: TWD) is pleased to report on a statistical review of all diamond drill hole composite data previously reported from the M Zone Corridor on both the Block A and Gowest Options at Detour Lake, Ontario. Based on 84 diamond drill holes completed by Trade Winds and 58 historical Placer Dome holes (for a total of 142) which have tested the M Zone Structural Corridor over a 4.0 kilometre strike length:

71% returned a minimum value of at least 10.0 grams/tonne gold over at least 1.0 metre, or (0.29 oz/ton gold over 3.26 feet)

34% returned a minimum value of at least 25.0 grams/tonne gold over at least 1.0 metre, or (0.73 oz/ton gold over 3.26 feet)

11% returned a minimum value of at least 50.0 grams/tonne gold over at least 1.0 metre, or (1.45oz/ton gold over 3.26 feet)

Block A, optioned from Pelangio Mines Inc. (TSX-V: PLG), is immediately west of Placer Dome's former Detour Lake Mine, which produced 1.7 million ounces of gold. An exploration drift at the 560 metre level from the original mine extends 800+ metres into the Block A Claims, where Trade Winds is finalizing its earn-in from Pelangio of a 50% interest in Block A. Trade Winds' Gowest Project is located approximately 5.0 km west of the Placer Dome Detour Lake Mine, and is immediately west of Block A. Trade Winds is finalizing its earn-in of a 60% interest in project from Gowest Amalgamated Ltd. (TSX-V: GWA), and has entered into a letter of intent to acquire the remaining 40% interest in the Gowest property from Gowest.

Both projects are located in Canada's most prolific gold producing belt, the Abitibi Greenstone Belt, and are approximately 160 kilometres northeast of Timmins, Ontario. Mr. Lorne Warner, P. Geo. is the qualified person for Trade Winds' Detour Lake Projects. All assay results, both current and historical, have been provided by ALS Chemex.

The Company is pleased to announce the appointment to the Board of Directors of Mr. Bruce Winfield, M.SC. P.GEO. Bruce has over 30 years of extensive experience in the mining industry. 20 of which have been in developing projects in Latin America. He has been a senior officer and/or director of several high profile junior and senior public companies, including Greenstone resources, and Eldorado Gold Corp. At Greenstone Resources Ltd. he was responsible for the acquisition and definition of four deposits that were subsequently brought into production.

WARNING: The Company relies upon litigation protection for "forward-looking" statements.

THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE HAS NOT REVIEWED AND DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS PRESS RELEASE.

Contact Information

  • FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
    Ian D. Lambert
    President & CEO
    (604) 675-7637

    Terry McGee
    Investor Relations
    (604) 742-2531

    Email: Email Contact
    Visit our Website at www.tradewindsventures.com