Astral Mining Corporation
TSX VENTURE : AA
PINK SHEETS : AAMJF
TSX VENTURE : AA.WT

Astral Mining Corporation

March 16, 2010 09:00 ET

Astral Completes Infill Aeromagnetic Survey at Jumping Josephine and Prepares for 2010 Exploration Season

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 16, 2010) - Astral Mining Corporation (TSX VENTURE:AA)(TSX VENTURE:AA.WT)(PINK SHEETS:AAMJF) ("Astral" or "the Company") is pleased to provide an exploration update in preparation for the upcoming 2010 field season. Applications have now been submitted for an aggressive exploration campaign at Jumping Josephine including; step-out diamond drilling at the JJ Main trend and other advanced showings, trenching over many showings on the property and a 10,000t bulk sample permit for extraction of a metallurgical parcel from the core JJ Main showing. Recently completed work includes data collection for an infill AeroTEM geophysical survey covering the greater Jumping Josephine property (details below) and preliminary metallurgical testwork (see Feb 2nd, 2010 news release). An updated independent 43-101 compliant technical report on the Jumping Josephine property is underway and due for completion this month.

Airborne Geophysics

Aeroquest International of Mississauga, Ontario has completed a 2,750 line kilometer helicopter-borne AeroTEM survey designed to extend upon and merge with existing coverage totaling 14,070 hectares (Ha) over Jumping Josephine (12,700 Ha) and the newly acquired CP-Midas claim block (2,070 Ha). This work consolidates the existing surveys and brings the total area covered by airborne geophysics at Jumping Josephine to approximately 39,200 Ha.

Jumping Josephine is host to the JJ Main discovery zone, a structurally controlled gold bearing quartz stockwork system thought to be related to an intrusive body not visible at surface. The newly combined geophysical data will expand Astral's property-wide view of underlying structure and lithological contacts. This expanded view will assist in tracing known mineralization and also help to identify new structurally favourable areas for gold emplacement. Collection of data is now complete and processing is underway. Results of this survey will be released when available.

Astral has earned a 60% interest in the JJ Project from Kootenay Gold Inc. and has an option to earn the remaining 40% and take ownership of the CP-Midas claims located north of the original JJ claims (see December 16th, 2009 news release). Astral has received conditional approval from the TSX-V for the option to acquire the balance of the 40% interest. Final approval is conditional upon updating the Company's NI 43-101 on the property and completing a financing of sufficient size to allow the Company to meet the first year work obligations as outlined in the option agreement. The Company is making progress on addressing the conditions precedent from the TSX-V.

Technical details contained in this news release have been reviewed by Dale Brittliffe, P.Geo., a Qualified Person as defined in National Instrument 43-101.

Astral Mining Corporation is a Canadian company engaged in the exploration and development of precious metal properties in North America. By focusing on exploration in mining-friendly districts, the Company minimizes the political and social risks encountered in many other parts of the world. With a new gold discovery at the Company's Jumping Josephine Gold Project in Southern British Columbia and an experienced technical team and seasoned management, Astral is poised to leverage this expertise into early exploration success. Further details on Astral Mining Corporation and its high-quality portfolio of exploration projects can be found at www.astralmining.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

Mr. Manfred Kurschner, President & CEO

Astral Mining Corporation

Cautionary Note to US Investors: This news release may contain information about adjacent properties on which we have no right to explore or mine. We advise U.S. investors that the SEC's mining guidelines strictly prohibit information of this type in documents filed with the SEC. U.S. investors are cautioned that mineral deposits on adjacent properties are not indicative of mineral deposits on our properties. This news release may contain forward-looking statements including but not limited to comments regarding the timing and content of upcoming work programs, geological interpretations, receipt of property titles, potential mineral recovery processes, etc. Forward-looking statements address future events and conditions and therefore involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.

Shares outstanding – 6,178,900

2010 Number 04

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or the accuracy of this release.

Contact Information