SOURCE: People Power Company
November 16, 2010 14:36 ET
Banny Banerjee of Stanford Design Program and People Power Collaborate and Win GE's Ecomagination Challenge for Consumer Innovation
PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - November 16, 2010) -
- Green-tech startup and Design School develop Physical Experiential Technology Systems (PETS) platform
- PETS is an inexpensive platform that will enable simple, rapid and compelling ways of achieving 'smart' energy management without sub-meters or wiring
- The GreenX™Egg is an example of a novel and playful consumer device built using PETS
As the result of a collaborative effort, Banny Banerjee of Stanford Design Program and People Power Company today have been named winner of a Consumer Innovation Award as part of GE's Ecomagination Challenge. People Power Company and Stanford Design School worked together to develop the Physical Experiential Technology Systems (PETS) platform that will enable the development of energy-saving consumer devices and The GreenX™Egg, an instance of the possibilities PETS enables.
Imagine placing the GreenX™ Egg in your refrigerator. If you keep the door open for too long, you're asked in your child's voice to please close the door. Further, imagine a door-knob that not only tells you that you've left the heater on, but also logs energy usage along with the temperature differentials between the outside and the inside of the house. Stanford Design and People Power aim to collaborate on using the PETS platform and the GreenX™ Egg as underlying technology to conduct a high creative exploration of design and behavior change interventions for energy management.
- "I'm impressed with People Power's unique approach to combining advanced technology with behavioral science. I'm excited that we are partnering on projects that will result in changed patterns of energy usage as well as push our understanding of integrated approaches to complex challenges such as energy." -- Banny Banerjee, Director, Stanford Design Program, Stanford University
- "We're honored to win this prestigious award from GE as part of our work with the Stanford Design Program. People Power is committed to working with our partners worldwide to bring the most powerful, creative and adoptable energy-saving solutions to businesses and consumers." -- Gene Wang, CEO, People Power Company
GE Ecomagination Challenge
Stanford University Institute of Design
People Power Company Press Room
About People Power Company
People Power Company is building the next generation of energy efficiency monitoring and control solutions for homes, buildings, appliances and devices. People Power is disrupting the market with its new OSIAN 2.0 (pronounced "ocean"), while also supporting "WiFi" and "ZigBee" network protocols. Leading with its open source "SmartGrid for All" philosophy, People Power is inspiring innovation and enabling Smart Grid interoperability by empowering developers everywhere to address exciting new market opportunities for Smart Grid applications and beyond.
Based in Palo Alto California, People Power Company has received funding from New Cycle Capital, Greener Capital and other investors. For more information visit www.peoplepowerco.com.