Brilliant Mining Corp.
TSX VENTURE : BMC

Brilliant Mining Corp.

January 31, 2007 09:00 ET

Brilliant Mining Corp.: Quarterly Nickel Production Continues to Rise

Lanfranchi Nickel Mine, Kambalda District of Western Australia

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - Jan. 31, 2007) - Brilliant Mining Corp. (TSX VENTURE:BMC) ("Brilliant" or the "Company") reports the production results from its 25% owned Lanfranchi Nickel Mine, located in the world class Kambalda Nickel District of Western Australia for the period ending December 31, 2006.

Production

The Lanfranchi JV delivered a new record 61,631 tonnes of ore to the concentrator at Kambalda during the quarter at an average grade of 2.39% Ni for 1,473 tonnes Ni contained. Compared to the previous quarter, this was a 10% increase in tonnes mined and a 15% increase in contained nickel due to an increase in ore grades (See Table 1).

"We are extremely pleased with the operations at the Lanfranchi Mine and the accomplishments achieved through 2006." states Brilliant President Mike Sieb "We anticipate 2007 to be another year of substantial growth with the integration of additional orebodies resulting in an increase in production and nickel grade."




Table 1 - Lanfranchi Operating Statistics (100%)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Area Details Units 3 months 3 months
ending ending
31 Dec 2006 30 Sep 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mining Ore mined Dmt 61,173 55,547
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ni grade % 2.39 2.29
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ni metal contained Dmt 1,465 1,272
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cu grade % 0.20 0.20
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ore Delivered Ore delivered Dmt 61,631 56,264
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ni grade % 2.39 2.28
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ni metal contained Dmt 1,473 1,283
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cu grade % 0.20 0.20
------------------------------------------------------------------------



Brilliant Mining Corp. owns a 25% interest in the Lanfranchi Joint Venture ("Lanfranchi JV"), which owns the Lanfranchi Nickel Mine together with associated infrastructure, mining leases and mineral claims. The remaining 75% interest in the Lanfranchi JV is owned by Sally Malay Mining Limited.

The project is supervised by John Williamson, PGeol, of Edmonton, Alberta, CEO and a Director of Brilliant, and is the qualified person as defined in National Instrument 43-101.

About Brilliant Mining

Brilliant Mining Corp. (BMC: TSXV) is focused on the production, development and exploration of nickel opportunities world wide. The Company currently has a 25% interest in the producing Lanfranchi Nickel Mine in Western Australia and has 3 active nickel projects in Canada, including the Michikamau property in central Labrador.

On behalf of the Board of Directors

Mike Sieb, B.Sc., MBA, President, Brilliant Mining Corp.

For further information about Brilliant Mining Corporation, or this news release, please visit our website at www.brilliantmining.com, or contact:

Certain disclosures in this release, including management's assessment of Brilliant's plans and projects, constitute forward-looking statements that are subject to numerous risks, uncertainties and other factors relating to Brilliant's operation as a mineral exploration company that may cause future results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Brilliant expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information