SOURCE: CLX Investment Company, Inc.

October 23, 2007 09:15 ET

CLX Investment Company Announces Amended Letter of Intent and Plans to Acquire Remaining Ownership Percentage of Zonda, Incorporated

MURRIETA, CA--(Marketwire - October 23, 2007) - CLX Investment Company, Inc. (OTCBB: CLXN), which owns 51% of Zonda, Incorporated, a developer and manufacturer of unique diagnostic tests for the medical and non-medical markets, today reaffirmed its intention to acquire the remaining 49% of Zonda's issued and outstanding shares and outlined the process that this acquisition is expected to follow.

The recent acquisition of a majority ownership percentage has positioned Zonda to become a major focus of the company's operations, and purchase of the remaining percentage is tied to Zonda meeting specific milestones.

An amended letter of intent was entered into by the two companies at the time of the purchase of the last 5% that gave CLX a majority interest in Zonda. The amended letter of intent includes a provision under which an escrow will be established, and the shares of CLX and Zonda to be exchanged for CLX to own 100% of Zonda will be deposited into the escrow. Once certain milestones are achieved, the exchange would be effected, and Zonda would become a wholly owned subsidiary of CLX.

The escrow will be established and the shares of both companies will be deposited into the escrow once the definitive agreement has been signed.

Since mid-August 2007, CLX has increased its ownership of Zonda with the acquisition of an additional 15% of Zonda's issued and outstanding shares, raising its current equity position from 41% to 51%.

"The escrow will allow CLX to ensure that certain critical milestones are reached before the balance of Zonda is purchased and CLX becomes the majority owner of Zonda," said Steven R. Peacock, consultant CEO of CLX Investment Company. "We continue to be enthusiastic about the potential of Zonda in the public markets and look forward to the definitive agreement that will allow our acquisition of Zonda to move forward."

Zonda's tests utilize proprietary technology that detects enzymes that are specific to the target microorganisms. The Zonda medical diagnostic tests are ideal for the clinical laboratory, point of care, and the over-the-counter (OTC) markets.

Zonda's intellectual property position in enzymatic detection technology will give the company a unique position in the clinical diagnostic market where there is increasing need for simple, reliable, and cost-effective rapid point of care diagnostic tests. The company's first medical test for Chlamydia is currently sold throughout Europe under the HandiLab brand, and a U.S. launch is being planned. Zonda believes it will compete successfully with all current technologies, including the "gold standard" nucleic acid amplification testing (NAAT) technology, while offering several enhanced features.

More information regarding Zonda can be found on its official website, www.zondaincusa.com.

To sign up to receive information by email directly from CLX Investment Company when new press releases, investor newsletters, SEC filings, or other information is disclosed, please visit http://www.clxinvestments.com/email.php.

About CLX Investment Company

CLX Investment Company (www.clxinvestments.com) holds a 51% equity interest in Zonda, Inc. CLX has also invested, and holds a common stock position, in ActionView International, Inc. (www.actionviewinternational.com), a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of "smart" scrolling advertising billboards.

All statements included in this release, including statements regarding potential future plans and objectives of CLX Investments are forward-looking statements. Such statements are necessarily subject to risks and uncertainties, some of which are significant in scope and nature beyond CLX Investments' control. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove accurate. Actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements depending on many factors. Historical results are not necessarily indicative of future performance.

Contact Information

  • Contact:
    Gemini Financial Communications
    A. Beyer
    951-677-8073
    Email Contact