Gunpoint Exploration Ltd.

Gunpoint Exploration Ltd.

February 23, 2010 09:30 ET

Christopher James Gold Corp. Signs Agreement on the Sinter Epithermal Gold-Silver Project in Nevada

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Feb. 23, 2010) - Christopher James Gold Corp. (TSX VENTURE:CJG) is pleased to announce that it has signed an exploration earn-in agreement with AuEx Ventures Inc. (TSX:XAU) on the Sinter epithermal gold project in Nevada.

The Sinter Project is located about 13 miles northwest of Lovelock in Pershing County, Nevada, and consists of 52 unpatented mining claims owned or controlled by AuEx .Under the terms of the agreement, CJGC is required to expend US$3,000,000 within a 4 year period to earn an undivided 51% interest and has the option to earn an additional 19% for a total of 70% by expending an additional US$3,000,000 within the following 3 years. The first year work obligation of US$100,000 is committed and CJGC paid AuEx US$10,000 on signing. The exploration project area is represented by an unusually large area of sinter and high-level hydrothermally altered and brecciated Tertiary volcanics which are locally highly anomalous in epithermal pathfinder elements and gold. Initial exploration will consist of defining the likely feeder structures using ground magnetics, soil and rock-chip geochemistry, and geological mapping. An initial program of several fences of 200m drill holes is planned to test any potentially mineralized structures delineated from the initial work.

The President E. Max Baker said, "The Sinter Project, the recently acquired Pasco Canyon (news release Feb 16th, 2010) and the association with AuEx represents a further step in the company's search for epithermal gold mineralization in Nevada and Mexico. We consider Sinter to be a very exciting opportunity to explore what appears to be a fully preserved epithermal gold system. Our strategy will be to locate potential feeder structures beneath the sinter cover and then drill test these structures."

About Christopher James Gold

Christopher James Gold Corp. continues to actively pursue exploration opportunities in the USA, and Mexico. The company plans to drill at three of its other Nevada projects, Highland, Buz and Pasco Canyon later in 2010.

About AuEx Ventures

AuEx Ventures, Inc. is a precious metals exploration company that has a current portfolio of twenty one exploration projects in Nevada/Utah, four projects in Argentina and one project in Spain. The Company controls over 167,000 acres of unpatented claims and fee land in prospective areas of Nevada. Thirteen of the projects are in joint venture agreements with seven companies who provide exploration funding. The Company applies the extensive exploration experience and high-end technical skills of its founders to search for and acquire new precious metal exploration projects that are then offered for joint venture.

The Company is a reporting issuer in British Columbia and Alberta, and trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the ticker symbol CJG. Please visit

E. Max Baker B.Sc(Hons) PhD, Member AustIMM is the Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, is responsible for the preparation of this News Release, which is based on information obtained from the Joint Venture Partner.

On behalf of the Board,

E. Max Baker, President, CEO, Christopher James Gold Corp.

This news release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are statements which relate to future events. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may", "should", "expects", "plans", "anticipates", "believes", "estimates", "predicts", "potential" or "continue" or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. These statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our or our industry's actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.

While these forward-looking statements, and any assumptions upon which they are based, are made in good faith and reflect our current judgment regarding the direction of our business, actual results will almost always vary, sometimes materially, from any estimates, predictions, projections, assumptions or other future performance suggested herein. Except as required by applicable law, the Company does not intend to update any of the forward-looking statements to conform these statements to actual results. Readers are referred to the sections entitled "Risk Factors" in the Company's periodic filings with the British Columbia Securities Commission, which can be viewed at

The TSX Venture Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information