SOURCE: Consumer Cellular
PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) - Consumer Cellular (https://www.consumercellular.com), the number one rated cell phone service in the U.S. and the exclusive wireless provider for AARP members, is celebrating its one-year anniversary with Sears by expanding its product lineup at the national retailer. Since its launch one year ago, Consumer Cellular has grown to become the top-selling cellular company at Sears.
The expansion of Consumer Cellular's no contract, affordable wireless phones, plans and accessories are showcased on new, larger four-foot end-cap and two-foot cellular displays in 750 Sears' locations across the country.
"The success of Consumer Cellular in our stores has been terrific and points to the distinct similarities of Sears and Consumer Cellular customers," said a representative from Sears.
"We're thrilled to grow and build upon our strong relationship with one of America's leading retailers," added John Marick, Consumer Cellular CEO. "Both Sears and Consumer Cellular believe in putting customers first and building lasting relationships based on service and customer satisfaction. We look forward to continuing this great partnership, and offering Sears' customers across the country an enhanced in-store experience."
With the expansion, Consumer Cellular will offer new phone and accessory additions, including:
- Motorola WX416: Ideal for the occasional cell phone user with features that include a 1.8" display, 2.0 MP digital camera, MP3 player and FM radio. Retails for $34.99.
- Motorola Bravo Smartphone: One of the most affordable Android™ smartphones with features that include a 3.7-inch colorful multi-touch screen, memory slot, expandable to 32 GBm and a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder with digital zoom. Also comes with advanced touchscreen technology for easier typing. Supports WiFi, GPS, and 3G. Retails for $149.99.
- SIM Cards: Portable memory chips, known as SIM cards, give both existing and potential customers the opportunity to utilize their current phones with Consumer Cellular service plans. The SIM card is offered at Sears for $9.99, and when a customer activates it (either for a new line of service or to replace an existing SIM), they will be credited $10 automatically on their Consumer Cellular account.
In addition, Sears will continue to carry the following Consumer Cellular phones, currently in stock:
- Doro PhoneEasy 410 (available in burgundy): A stylish and practical flip-phone that features large, separated buttons, easy-to-read text, bright displays, and clear, audible sound. Key features include emergency call button, vibrating ringer, text messaging, phonebook for storing numbers, and two-way speakerphone. Hearing aid compatible: M3/T4. Retails for $59.99.
- Nokia C3: Combines quick Web browsing abilities with a full QWERTY keyboard to make checking e-mail and browsing the Internet simple. Video recording, Bluetooth® compatibility and an MP3 player are complimentary additions. Retails for $79.99.
All Consumer Cellular devices and wireless plans, including those offered through Sears, include the following features:
- Affordable calling plans, beginning as low as $10 per month
- No contracts
- Zero activation fees
- Complimentary Usage Alerts - notifies customers before they exceed their monthly data or voice allotment so they do not incur unexpected overage fees
- No roaming or long distance charges
- Convenient monthly billing and no pre-paying
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Top-ranked customer support based in the United States
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,000 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada, which includes more than 810 full-line and more than 1,270 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
About Consumer Cellular
Consumer Cellular is the exclusive wireless provider for AARP members and a top-rated carrier that provides no contract cellphones and service plans to those 50+. Founded in 1995 on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service, Consumer Cellular is privately held with more than 570 employees. The Portland, Ore.-based company utilizes the nation's largest voice and data network, covering more than 296 million people -- or 97 percent of the U.S. population. Consumer Cellular's cellphones and plans are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Sears and RadioShack dealer franchise locations, as well as direct to consumers at www.consumercellular.com or 800-686-4460. The company has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 List for three years in a row. For cellphone tutorials, features, applications and company news, connect with Consumer Cellular on Facebook.com/consumercellular, Twitter.com/consumer_cell and YouTube.com/consumercellular.
*Images and Video Available Upon Request