SOURCE: Emerging Threats
December 01, 2010 09:00 ET
Emerging Threats and 4Secure Partner to Offer Comprehensive IDS/IPS Ruleset in the UK
Emerging Threats Pro to Be Distributed for the First Time in the UK via 4Secure's Network
LAFAYETTE, IN--(Marketwire - December 1, 2010) -
- Emerging Threats Pro, the most comprehensive intrusion prevention solution available, and 4Secure, a leading UK-based information security solutions provider, today announced a partnership to bring the ET Pro ruleset to the British market.
- 4Secure will act as a reseller for Emerging Threats Pro in the United Kingdom, providing its customers with superior, thorough and engine-agnostic malware protection offered by the ET Pro ruleset.
- 4Secure previously beta-tested the ET Pro ruleset, which launched in September this year. The value of a constantly updated, load-tested IPS ruleset, supported by a professional QA team was clear to 4Secure. As a result, the company decided to extend the relationship.
- 4Secure has been subscribing to the rules produced by the seven-year-old open source community for over four years.
- Emerging Threats Pro combines the best of the Emerging Threats open source community with an experienced, full-time research team and the industry-leading Telus vulnerability and malware research to cover the full range of threats facing security professionals.
- It is the only intrusion prevention ruleset available today that supports the recently launched Suricata, and current and historical versions of Snort back to 2.4.
"4Secure has long been associated with Emerging Threats and this partnership is a sign of the trust invested by both companies in one another," said Matt Jonkman, founder and CEO of Emerging Threats. "In a time of increasing cyber criminal activity, Emerging Threats Pro is a much-needed solution for modern businesses and we are happy to be able to introduce it to a new market."
"A ruleset with aggressive malware coverage, supported by a 24/7 research team, built to be engine-agnostic and still rooted in the open source community it was born out of, is very important to us," said Will Thomson of 4Secure. "Our customers have already benefited from the open source rules for a number of years. The addition of the Emerging Threats Pro ruleset will enhance our ability to help protect them further still."
About Emerging Threats Pro
Emerging Threats produces the fastest and most diverse IDS signature set and firewall rules available today. Through dedicated researchers and the support of its open source community, the company offers all users and organizations both free and commercial content that is compatible with both Snort and Suricata. For more information, please visit http://www.emergingthreatspro.com.