CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 29, 2012) - Mawer Investment Management's David Ragan won the prestigious Morningstar Foreign Equity Fund Manager of the Year award at the 18th annual Canadian Investment Awards.
In addition, Mawer was named as the winner of several other individual awards in the following categories:
- Canadian Equity Fund
- Canadian Small/Mid Cap Equity Fund
- International Equity Fund
- Global Small/Mid Cap Equity Fund
The 2012 Morningstar Canadian Investment Awards were held in Toronto on November 28th to recognize leadership in the Canadian investment industry.
These awards are notable for a number of reasons.
- This is the fourth time Mawer has won a Manager of the Year award.
- Mawer has won Canadian Investment Awards in Canadian mid-large cap equities, Canadian small cap equities, International equities, US equities, Global small cap equities and Global balanced categories, demonstrating the Firm's expertise in managing multiple asset classes using the same in-house disciplined investment approach.
- This is the 12th award for the Mawer International Equity Fund (formerly the Mawer World Investment Fund) in its category in the past 11 years, winning in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 (two), 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (two), and 2012 (two).
In addition to its family of mutual funds, Mawer also manages many identical or similar mandates for Institutional investors, such as pension funds and not-for-profit & foundation organizations, for Private Clients, and for sub-advised investment funds and separately managed account programs offered by broker-dealers across Canada.