Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

December 05, 2007 08:15 ET

Fjordland Exploration Inc.: Latest Drilling Confirms Southeast Zone Discovery at Woodjam

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 5, 2007) - Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) and Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB) are pleased to report that hole 07-79, the fourth hole into the newly discovered Southeast Zone at the Woodjam property, has intersected 207.45 metres of copper-molybdenum mineralization. Hole 07-79 encountered chalcopyrite and molybdenite mineralized quartz monzonite from the bed rock surface at 145.2 metres to 352.65 metres. The final 3.9 metres of the hole (348.75-352.65 metres) encountered a cross-cutting, post mineralization basaltic dyke similar to a 1.5 metre dyke seen further up the hole. The mineralization in this hole is expected to continue beyond the dyke and therefore is considered to be open ended. Hole 07-79 was stopped here due to machine limitations and seasonal considerations.

Hole 07-79 was drilled as a follow-up hole to 07-78 which was lost at bedrock where mineralization was encountered (0.38% copper and 0.012% molybdenum over 1.17 metres). Hole 07-79 is a 310-metre step out from hole 07-73, which in turn was a 500-metre step out from hole 07-72. All three holes (07-79, 07-73, and 07-72) bottomed in copper/molybdenum mineralization (excepting the dyke noted above in 07-79) over an open ended distance of 810 metres. The IP chargeability anomaly that formed the initial drill target measures 1500 metres across and remains largely untested. A map of the drill hole locations is available at or

The 2007 program at Woodjam, initiated in February 2007 with an extensive induced polarization survey (approximately 100 line kilometres), was designed to test for mineralization on a property-wide basis additional to the copper-gold mineralization explored for over the last several years in the Megabuck Zone (four kilometres to the northwest of the Southeast Zone). Several target areas were tested in 2007 including holes 07-72, 07-73, 07-78 and 07-79 in what has since been named the Southeast Zone. Eight diamond drill holes (2,388 metres) were completed in total with results for four holes, including hole 07-79, still not received but expected by mid-January.

The Woodjam Joint Venture, 60% Fjordland Exploration Inc. and 40% Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd., is situated in the Cariboo Region of south-central British Columbia, approximately 55 kilometres east of the city of Williams Lake. The project is located in a low elevation, relatively flat and dry timbered landscape, close to hydro electric power and a natural gas pipeline.

The Woodjam Joint Venture is planning an aggressive drilling program for 2008. Core from the recent Southeast Zone discovery will be exhibited at company displays at the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference ( to be held in Vancouver in January, 2008. Photographs of some of the mineralized core and maps have been posted by both companies on their respective websites.

The 2007 drilling program and sampling protocol are being supervised by Bruce Laird P.Geo. of Mincord Exploration Consultants Ltd. T.G (Tom) Schroeter, P.Eng/P.Geo. is the qualified person who has reviewed and takes responsibility for this news release.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold and copper deposits in British Columbia and the Yukon. Fjordland has a 60% interest in the 26,936 hectare Woodjam gold-copper property located in south-central British Columbia, Canada and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB) holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also has a 50%-50% joint venture with Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) on the QUEST project to explore 45,000 square kilometres in the heart of British Columbia's Quesnel Terrane for precious and base metals. The Company has an option to earn up to 80% in the Olympic-Rob copper-gold-uranium project, located in the Yukon, from Commander Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CMD). Shares of Fjordland Exploration Inc. trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "FEX". For further information visit the Company's website at

Tom Schroeter, President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy of this news release.

Contact Information