Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration Inc.
Wildrose Resources Ltd.

Wildrose Resources Ltd.

May 19, 2006 07:30 ET

Fjordland and Wildrose Expand Land Position at Woodjam Gold-Copper Project

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - May 19, 2006) -

Partners Now Hold Significant Land Position in Heart of Central Cariboo District, One of British Columbia's Most Active Mining Regions

Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) and Wildrose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:WRS), joint venture partners in the Woodjam gold-copper project, have significantly expanded their land position in the Woodjam area through the acquisition of 22,174 hectares of mineral claims. Acquired by staking, the claims are adjacent to and in the vicinity of the original 4,762 hectare Woodjam property. The joint venture now comprises an extensive land position in the central Cariboo Mining region of south-central British Columbia, one of the most active exploration areas in the province.

The new properties were acquired for a number of reasons. Firstly, a review of recent drilling indicates that gold-copper mineralization at Woodjam's Megabuck zone remains open in several directions and could expand significantly. As well, several minimally tested or untested geochemical targets occur on the Woodjam property suggesting the potential existence of similar targets on the new claims as porphyry districts often comprise multiple deposits. Secondly, a staking rush has consumed the central Cariboo area in the last year as a result of continuous exploration success by the dominant property holders in the area: Imperial Metals Corporation (TSX:III) at the Mount Polley gold-copper mine site, Skygold Ventures Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SKV) and Wildrose at Spanish Mountain, and by Fjordland and Wildrose at Woodjam.

The Woodjam property was surrounded with competitor claim staking in 2004 following the release of drill hole 04-32 that intersected 361.2 metres grading 0.84 g/t gold and 0.12% copper (including 274.9 metres grading 1.03 g/t gold and 0.14% copper). Some of the claims, located on the north and west sides of the Woodjam claim block, recently expired and presented an acquisition opportunity for Fjordland and Wildrose. At the same time, it was decided to stake other areas in this region where a 2004 airborne magnetometer survey indicates the existence of magnetic anomalies that may be caused by buried alkalic intrusive centres, similar to those in the region that host copper-gold mineralized systems.

With the acquisition of the new claims, the boundary of the Woodjam project is now just 4 kilometres southeast of the Mount Polley gold-copper property, and 16 kilometres due south of the Spanish Mountain gold discovery. Located in the heart of the Cariboo Mining district, this 30 km by 50 km core area is a highly active exploration camp with excellent logistics and infrastructure. An area location map is available with news release at

In June, a 10,000 metre drilling program is planned at Woodjam to continue to expand the gold-copper system in the Megabuck zone. Mineralization at Woodjam is modeled after Northgate Mineral Corporation's (TSX:NGX) Kemess deposit in northern British Columbia, and Newcrest Mining's Cadia Hill deposit in Australia. Kemess commenced production in 1999 with a resource of 200 million tonnes grading 0.63 g/t gold and 0.22% copper while Cadia Hill commenced production in 1996 with a resource of 210 million tonnes grading 0.72 g/t gold and 0.18% copper.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, silver and base metal deposits. The Company has a 60% interest in the 26,936 hectare Woodjam gold-copper property located in south-central British Columbia, Canada and is operator of the project; Wildrose Resources Ltd. holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also holds 100% earn-in options in three gold-silver properties located in Nevada and California, USA. Shares of Fjordland Exploration trade on the TSX Venture Exchange with the symbol FEX. For further information visit the Company's website at

About Wildrose Resources Ltd.

Wildrose Resources Ltd. is a Canadian public resource company that trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol WRS. The company currently operates five mineral exploration projects in Western Canada. The company's business model is to use exploration leverage from the funding provided by joint venture partners who fund work on the properties while Wildrose continues to hold title. For further information visit

Victor A. Tanaka, President

Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Bill Morton, President

Wildrose Resources Ltd.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy of this news release.

Contact Information