SOURCE: Gemini Explorations, Inc.

April 24, 2008 18:39 ET

Gemini Explorations, Inc. Provides Final Payment to Acquire the Los Chorros Mine and Renames the Project La Tapata

CALGARY, AB--(Marketwire - April 24, 2008) - Gemini Explorations, Inc. ("Gemini") (OTCBB: GXPI) is pleased to announce that it has executed the final payment by issuing 1,400,000 restricted common shares in lieu of US$50,000 cash to acquire the Los Chorros Gold Mine, a producing gold property in the El Bagre-Zargoza mining district, department of Antioquia, Colombia. Gemini has acquired an 80 percent majority controlling interest in the property for the sum of US$50,000 and the issuance of 3,900,000 restricted shares of GXPI. Gemini has first right of refusal to acquire the remaining 20% interest in the mine within 18 months of the Effective Date. Now that the final payment has been completed, the company is changing the name of this project to La Tapata. Gemini has done this to avoid confusion with other projects in the district that contain "Los Chorros" in their property descriptions.

Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

This news release contains "forward-looking statements," as that term is defined in Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements in this press release which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the inherent uncertainties associated with mineral exploration. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and we assume no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although we believe that the beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this press release are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate. Investors should consult all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosure outlined in our annual report on Form 10-KSB for the 2007 fiscal year, our quarterly reports on Form 10-QSB and other periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Contact Information