October 24, 2005 13:53 ET

Harrington to Present SaliSystems & ShockRounds to USA Corrections Industry Conference

Weekend Prison Drug Raids in WA Highlight Drug Problems in Australian Jails

SANTA CLARA, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- October 24, 2005 -- MDM Group, Inc. (OTC: MDDM) company Harrington Group Limited (OTC: HGRLF) and (ASC: HGR) earlier today advised the Australian Stock Exchange that Harrington Group CEO, Marshall Couper, has been invited to present the company's SaliSystems illicit drug screening product -- OraLine -- and the less lethal ShockRounds "electric" bullet technology to the US corrections industry at the CERT-Ops Conference in Washington DC on 31 October and 1 November, 2005. (

Mr. Couper will introduce the Company's products for use in the prison system and for use by Correctional Emergency Response Team (CERT) operators.

The conference is put on by the CERT Council of 100 which was established by the US Correctional Tactical Officers Association (CTOA) to facilitate corrections counter-terrorism information globally and endorse accredited industry products, services and standards. The CERT Council is made of 24 CERT Senior Commander/Senior Team Leaders and 12 permanent Council members from around the world including Australia with 12 members rotating a Council seat.

The CERT conference is restricted to senior decision makers that are actively looking at ways to increase their officers' safety. Drug use in prisons is an increasing problem around the world and presents serious risks to prison officers and CERT teams. In the US, where around 3,000,000 people are incarcerated, and 60% of the world's supply of illicit drugs are consumed, the problem is rife and directly impacts upon the safety of prison officers.

Company MD, Peter Boonen stated: "This closed industry conference represents an ideal forum for the company to directly showcase our SaliSystems saliva drug tests and our ShockRounds technology to the select high level decision makers attending and representing over 30,000 CERT operators. Industry introductions such as through this CERT-Ops conference give the Company North American and global introduction to potential major markets."

The illicit drug use problem in Australian prisons was highlighted through a drug raid on visitors to WA's Hakea and Casuarina prisons over the weekend with the media reporting that drugs, including cannabis, amphetamines and other pills, were found on visitors and in their vehicles including one woman having four balloons filled with cannabis. WA Justice Minister, John D'orazio, is reported as stating: "Stopping illegal drug use will make jails safer for prison staff and may help some offenders break established habits."


Harrington Group is a developer of homeland security and law enforcement products and solutions including its ShockRounds™ "electric" bullet technology which is positioned as a major breakthrough in less lethal products for the corrections, law enforcement, military and homeland security industries. Harrington Group has entered into a conditional agreement to acquire 40% of Sun Biomedical Laboratories Inc. for 12 million shares and has an option to 30 June, 2006 to acquire the remaining 60%. The total value of the agreement to acquire, Sun Biomedical, the developer of the SaliSystems illicit drug testing products, is AUD$3.7 million.

To see copy of the Company's full Australian Stock Exchange releases and associated media releases see

Safe Harbor Statement

The information in this release, other than historical information, may be considered forward-looking statements within the provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Projection and other forward-looking statements and management expectations regarding future events and/or financial performance of the Company -- although given in good faith -- are inherently uncertain and actual events and/or results may differ materially.

MDM Group and Harrington Group are featured on a global investment research portal for defense and security.

Contact Information