Husky Energy Inc.

Husky Energy Inc.

October 11, 2007 17:13 ET

Husky Energy Acquires Further Exploration Licence Offshore Greenland

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Oct. 11, 2007) - Mr. John C.S. Lau, President & Chief Executive Officer of Husky Energy Inc. (TSX:HSE), announced today that Husky Oil Operations Limited ("Husky") and Esso Exploration Greenland Limited ("Esso") have been awarded a joint interest in an exploration licence from the West Disko 2006 Licencing Round, offshore Greenland by the Greenland Home Rule Government and the Danish Government.

Husky and Esso each have a 43.75 percent interest in West Disko Block 6 (2007/27), which covers an area of 13,213 square kilometers and is located approximately 30 kilometres offshore the west coast of Disko Island. Esso will act as operator of this block. Nunaoil A/S, Greenland's national oil company, holds the remaining 12.5 percent interest.

In June 2007, Husky was awarded two exploration licences covering an area of 21,067 square kilometers that border on Licence 2007/27. Husky holds an 87.5 percent interest in Licences 2007/22 and 2007/24 and will act as operator over these blocks. Nunaoil A/S holds the remaining 12.5 percent interest in each licence.

Husky Energy is a Canadian based integrated energy and energy-related company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Husky Energy is a publicly traded company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE.

Contact Information

  • Husky Energy Inc.
    Tanis Thacker
    Manager, Investor Relations
    (403) 298-6747