Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Ontario

Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Ontario

May 26, 2006 11:00 ET

Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario: Essex-Kent CAs Raise Funds for Therapeutic Riding

WINDSOR, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - May 26, 2006) -

Windsor-area golf event one of many being held by CAs across Ontario

On May 26, Chartered Accountants and their colleagues from across Essex-Kent teed up at the Fox Glen Golf Club in McGregor to play a winning round and raise money for the Windsor-Essex Therapeutic Riding Association.

The 5th Annual Essex-Kent Chartered Accountants' Association Charity Golf Tournament is one of several CA Golf Day events being held across the province this summer. The CA Golf Days have raised more than half a million dollars for charity since 1996.

According to the organization's website, the Windsor-Essex Therapeutic Riding Association provides therapy to over 150 special need persons each week. Approximately 80 per cent are children who have developmental, emotional or physical disabilities. The remaining 20 per cent are adults with similar challenges. The organization notes that: "Riding strengthens and relaxes muscles, improves posture, balance and coordination, and increases joint mobility. The discipline and attention required have proven to also be of great benefit."

"As Chartered Accountants, we take a special interest in helping the communities in which we serve, like Essex-Kent," said Brian Hunt, FCA, President and CEO of the Institute. "CA Golf Days are another opportunity for us to ensure children have the help they need to thrive and succeed."

About the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario:

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario is the qualifying and regulatory body of Ontario's 31,000 CAs and 3,500 CA students. Since 1879, the Institute has protected the public interest through the CA profession's high standards of qualification and the enforcement of its rules of professional conduct. The Institute website is: www.icao.on.ca.

Contact Information