SOURCE: Word of Mouth Marketing Association
CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwire - Oct 31, 2012) - The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is excited to present the most talked-about social media debate of the year live at WOMMA Summit on Tuesday, November 13th in Las Vegas. The highly controversial author of "Social Media is Bull#$%@," BJ Mendelson, will stand off against NY Times best-selling author of "Likeable Social Media," Dave Kerpen. The audience will select the winner live at WOMMA Summit on Tuesday, November 13th.
Kerpen and Mendelson started going head-to-head last week in this pre-debate video attack ad. WOMMA also hosted a Twitter chat (which turned into an on online brawl) that had over 6 million impressions and lots of heated pre-debate discussion.
Here are a few things Mendelson and Kerpen had say about social media during our recent Twitter chat:
According Mendelson, "Eventually, 'social media' will go away like 'Web 2.0' and the companies will move on to other BS."
But Kerpen says, "At #WOMMASummit I will use data & dozens of case studies to demonstrate the business value of #socialmedia."
The debate will be moderated by John Moore, and it is sponsored by Brandsforce, a plug & play social media marketing platform that generates conversations, engagements and measurable actions on social networks.
"Brandsforce is very excited to be a part of the WOMMA family and Summit 2012," Nili Goldberg, co-founder and CEO of Brandsforce, said. "As we are playing an active role in solving the marketing debate of how to take word of mouth online effectively, and are proud to have introduced the Brandsforce advocacy platform in 2012 providing a full solution to this marketing challenge, it comes natural to us to present this social media debate of the year. We are looking forward to seeing you all there."
WOMMA Summit is the leading conference for marketing professionals, focusing on creating talkable brands around the world through word of mouth and social media marketing -- and WOMMA is proud to offer the best and most exclusive content to our Summit attendees.
Here is some of the exclusive content being offered only to WOMMA Summit attendees from November 12th-14th at the Wynn Las Vegas:
Exclusive Research from Time Warner Broadcasting Systems
Attendees of WOMMA Summit will hear from our brands-only keynote Jack Wakshlag, Chief Research Officer at Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. Jack Wakshlag will be presenting exclusive research carried out by Time Warner Medialab Study on Social Media and TV, which tracked millennials' behavior with second screen and social media principles.
Limited Pre-Release from Best-Selling Author Jackie Huba
WOMMA is excited to announce that we are hosting a limited pre-release of Jackie Huba's new book, "Monster Business: Loyalty Lessons from Lady Gaga" for all WOMMA Summit attendees. Full release of the book will be in spring 2013.
According to WOMMA President Suzanne Fanning, "Research shows that 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family more than any form of advertising. It is imperative today that brands generate, facilitate, and engage in conversations to be successful. At WOMMA Summit, attendees will learn first-hand from the brands who are successfully driving these conversations online and offline."
Our exceptional speaker line-up includes:
- Opening Day Extravaganza with Rick Harrison from the cast of the hit reality show Pawn Stars
- General Session with Jackie Huba: Monster Business - Loyalty Lessons from Lady Gaga
- Brands Only Session Keynote with Jack Wakshlag, Chief Research Officer, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Keynote with Pete Blackshaw, Global Head of Digital Marketing and Social Media at Nestlé: Stories From Transforming Digital The Nestlé Way
- Keynote Luncheon Debate - Social Media: Likeable or BS? Author BJ Mendelson goes head-to-head with Dave Kerpen, social media thought-leader and CEO of Likeable Media to find out whether social media really is a heavy weight champ in the world of WOMM.
- General Session: Escape the Socialocalypse - The Laws & Practices of Avoiding the Endtimes
- Fueling Advocacy - Nissan's Most Innovative Year Ever
- NBC Universal: Social and Influencer Marketing Excites NBC Olympic Fans
- Wrangler Jeans: Amplifying Partnerships with Social Media Integration
- What you need to know regarding WOMMA's updated Social Media Disclosure Guide
- An orange carpet reception at Tryst Nightclub - Sponsored by AT&T
- The WOMMY Awards Dinner honoring the best word of mouth marketing case studies of the last year with MC Clint Holmes
Hotel & Travel: http://womma.org/summit/travel/
Full Agenda: http://womma.org/summit/agenda/
How to submit for a press credential: http://womma.org/summit/media/
The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is the official trade association dedicated to word of mouth and social media marketing. Founded in 2004, WOMMA is the leader in ethical word of mouth marketing practices through its offline education such as WOMMA Summit, professional development opportunities, and knowledge sharing with top industry marketers. WOMMA's membership is made up of the most innovative companies committed to progressing the word of mouth marketing industry through advocacy, education, and ethics.