September 09, 2010 08:00 ET
Kalido Launches Data Governance Maturity Assessment to Benchmark and Advance Data Governance Programs
Provides Actionable Advice for Operationalizing Data Governance Through Data Policy Management
BURLINGTON, MA--(Marketwire - September 9, 2010) -
- Kalido today introduced the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment, an interactive data governance diagnostic tool that enables organizations to:
- Determine the current state of their data governance program;
- Understand their relative maturity in comparison with industry peers and all other respondents;
- Receive expert recommendations for implementing and advancing data governance programs to the next level;
- Benchmark and track the progress of their data governance programs and relative position with industry peers and all other respondents over time.
- The Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment is the only data governance benchmark that evaluates organization, process and technology -- all of which are critical components of an effective data governance program. An organization's current state of data governance maturity is determined using characteristics and success factors identified through data governance implementations, field research, and established and emerging best practices.
- The assessment is based on the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Model, a framework developed over two years with input from more than 40 companies -- including members of the Kalido Data Governance Solutions Advisory Board, leading systems integrators and global consulting firms.
- Take the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment at http://survey.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_bEPlvl2pNkhSwni.
- The Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment is divided into three categories, each containing six questions:
- Organization (Authority, Data Stewardship, Business Role, Collaboration, Accountability and Cultural Attitude)
- Process (Policy Management, Communication, Issue Resolution, Decision Rights, Performance Management and Dataflow Transparency)
- Technology (Data Policies and Rules, Process Orchestration, Compliance Monitoring, Modeling, Master Data Management and Data Quality)
- Based on responses, enterprises are placed into one of four stages of data governance maturity: Application-Centric; Enterprise Repository-Centric; Policy-Centric; or Fully Governed, the most advanced data governance stage.
- Respondents receive customized reports containing expert recommendations to improve and align organization, process and technology, designed to further mature their data governance efforts.
Kalido to Sponsor Data Governance Maturity Assessment Webinar
Learn more about the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Model and Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment by joining a webinar on September 16 at 12 noon ET. Register here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/148798134.
Winston Chen, Kalido's vice president of strategy and business development, will discuss how the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Model and the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment were created and how they can benchmark and advance data governance programs.
Steve Gray, director, Global Master Data Process Office at Unilever and a member of Kalido's Data Governance Solutions Advisory Board, will share his perspective on the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment based on his experience as Unilever's global data governance lead.
Steve Gray, director, Global Master Data Process Office, Unilever:
- "Kalido's Data Governance Maturity Assessment was helpful in a few ways. We were able to benchmark our program against a model developed with input from many sources, not just a single vendor's. It also gave us a basis of comparison against other companies in our space. Lastly, I found the report to be a good way of socializing data governance concepts with a broad cross-section of Unilever, both business and IT."
Winston Chen, vice president, strategy and business development, Kalido:
- "Data governance is essential to optimizing the performance of data quality, MDM and other critical data management initiatives. Knowing where your company stands can mean the difference between success and failure. We've designed the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment to help benchmark your organization on the data governance continuum and gain an understanding of how to implement an effective, policy-centric data governance program."
About Kalido Data Governance Director
Kalido Data Governance Director, available in Q4 2010, will operationalize data governance programs through data policy management. The product enables organizations to dramatically increase the success of their data governance programs by managing data policies, operationalizing data governance processes and measuring and improving data policy compliance. More information on the Kalido Data Governance Director can be found at: http://www.kalido.com/data-governance.htm.
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.
Join the Kalido Community by following Kalido on Twitter (www.twitter.com/kalido), joining the LinkedIn Kalido group (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1902502&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr) or commenting on the Kalido blog, "Kalido Conversations." (http://blog.kalido.com).