PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 18, 2011) - Milyoni, the leader in F-commerce, today announced new Social Theater functionalities that provide a customizable and self-service distribution platform for digital content from entertainment and lifestyle companies on Facebook. The new features bring an enhanced shared experience to Facebook viewers, encouraging increased on-demand and live content purchases.
Milyoni is the first and only F-commerce provider to offer video-on-demand and live event streams on Facebook through its Social Theater technology. The enhanced Social Theater introduces a major distribution channel for studios, as well as a new way for fans to experience on-demand movies, live concerts and sporting events.
Social Theater features Facebook Credits processing, allowing entertainment and lifestyle companies to easily set pricing for content and provide customized incentives and discounts. Companies now receive the benefits of:
More content purchases through new shared experience. Fans can:
- View, like, share comments, invite and chat live with other fans across different locations directly from Facebook
- View comments and/or likes at specific points of the stream
- Easily share movies, concerts, sporting clips or quotes via a message, status update or wall post
- Send discounts to a group of friends using Facebook Credits through the Group Buy feature
- Take advantage of incentives that can be applied to future content purchases
- Share comments only with friends or broaden to all Facebook users via new privacy sharing options
- Experience insider commentary at particular points of the feed from the cast, directors, producers, athletes, promoters or musicians through new expert views
- View in full-screen
Robust self-service admin capabilities.
- Multi-title platform upload dramatically improves efficiency, configuration and presentation, and reduces deployment time from 30-60 days to under 24 hours
- Intuitive design provides full, customizable control of pricing, layout, promotions and incentives
"What Zynga is to social gaming, Milyoni is to social entertainment," said John Corpus, founder and CEO of Milyoni. "Social Theater is quickly becoming the most popular social platform for on-demand movies, concerts and other live events deployed on Facebook."
Milyoni works with some of the world's leading companies in entertainment, music and sports, including Lionsgate, Ridgeline Entertainment, Austin City Limits Live, Turner Broadcasting, University of Oklahoma and The NBA to bring a variety of digital content and physical goods to fans on Facebook.
For more information on Social Theater, visit http://www.milyoni.com/products/socialtheater.php.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Milyoni, Inc. is the leader in F-commerce. The company's Social Theater provides entertainment and lifestyle companies with a way to connect and engage with Facebook fans, and turn them into customers. Whether it's watching a live concert, movie or sporting event or shopping your favorite brands, Milyoni enables companies to monetize fans pages through a unique level of engagement and a shared, social experience. Milyoni's services reach over 100 million fans from industry leading customers, including Austin City Limits Live, HBO, The NBA, The Miami HEAT, Oklahoma University and more. For more information, visit www.milyoni.com.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.