WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwire - Nov. 16, 2010) - Media are invited to join Monsanto and other industry stakeholders for the official Grand Opening of the new, state-of-the-art Monsanto Canada Breeding Centre, located adjacent to Monsanto's existing Canadian Head Office at the University of Manitoba's Smartpark.
|Tues, November 23, 2010
|10:30 am to 1:00 pm (lunch provided)
|Monsanto Canada Head Office
|900-One Research Road
The $12 million Monsanto Canada Breeding Centre covers approximately 29,000 sq. ft and contains office space, labs and growth rooms. The breeding centre serves as one of several facilities in North America dedicated to the breeding efforts for Monsanto Canada's rapidly growing canola business.
Participating in the Grand Opening and available for media comment will be:
- Derek Penner, President and General Manager, Monsanto Canada
- Michael Martin, Director, Global Specialty Crop Breeding, Monsanto Company
- The Honourable Stan Struthers, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives
- Denise Maurice, Vice-President, Crop Production Canola Council of Canada
- Alan Simms, President of Smartpark Research and Technology Park, University of Manitoba
Following the presentations, tours of the new facility – with photo opportunities - will be provided.