December 06, 2010 08:00 ET
Newest Kalido Product First to Dramatically Improve Data Governance Program Effectiveness
General Availability of Highly Anticipated Product Enables Organizations to Operationalize Data Governance Programs Through Data Policy Management
BURLINGTON, MA--(Marketwire - December 6, 2010) -
- Kalido, the leading independent provider of data governance solutions, today announced the general availability of the Kalido® Data Governance Director™, a new product designed to operationalize data governance programs through data policy management.
- With the Kalido Data Governance Director, organizations will be able to expand their data governance programs and make them dramatically more effective by:
- Managing data policies in a common, pervasive and centralized policy layer across the intersection of business process, systems, data, and organization.
- Operationalizing data governance processes by orchestrating the tasks associated with the data governance processes in a transparent and auditable way.
- Measuring and improving data policy compliance by assessing and reporting on compliance and prioritizing remediation as needed.
- A recent Kalido survey indicated that the lack of enabling technology for data governance processes is a huge impediment to the success of an overall data governance program.
- Kalido Data Governance Director enables organizations to more effectively and efficiently capitalize on the people and process investments they have already made in their data governance programs by making it easier to define, implement and enforce their data policies.
- By operationalizing data governance programs, Kalido will help data governance organizations better demonstrate the program's tangible value to and economic impact on their businesses.
- The initial release of the Kalido Data Governance Director delivers comprehensive data policy creation and communication capabilities, as well as implementation and enforcement capabilities optimized for data quality policies.
Partnering with Market Leaders
- Designed to accelerate deployment and minimize disruption, Kalido Data Governance Director will take advantage of existing investments, including data quality rules and related software required to implement them.
- Kalido has entered into partnership agreements with leading data quality vendors to develop pre-built integration between their solutions and the Kalido Data Governance Director.
- Kalido and its partners will provide their customers with the greatest opportunity for success by providing an open interface to integrate with numerous systems in the data management infrastructure.
- A solution advisory board composed of a wide range of global companies has helped shape the development of the new product.
- The solution advisory board members include ARC (Airlines Reporting Corporation), GE Treasury, Kraft Foods, Logica, Navistar, Nokia, Project Performance Corporation, Unilever, VISA Europe and other global organizations and leading consulting firms.
- Based on the value they see being created by the new product through the solution advisory board, a top-five pharmaceutical company has already purchased Kalido Data Governance Director. Scotiabank Mexico has also purchased the Kalido Data Governance Director based on the importance of continued enhancement of data policy management in their organization.
- GE Treasury, Navistar and VISA Europe will be sharing some of their insights during Kalido Connect on December 7th, while ARC will share the stage with Kalido at the upcoming Data Governance Winter Conference in Orlando on December 8-10.
Pricing and Availability
- The Kalido Data Governance Director will be available in December 2010. Pricing will be subscription-based and will begin at $200,000.
- The general public will have its first opportunity to see the Kalido Data Governance Director at Kalido Connect 2010, Kalido's virtual user conference being held on December 7, 2010. To register, visit www.kalidoconnect.com.
- Attendees at the Data Governance Winter Conference in Orlando will also be able to see the new product demonstrated live.
Susan E. Lewandowski, Business Intelligence Director & Data Governance Head, Mexico, at Scotiabank, said:
- "Scotiabank Mexico continues to maintain a dedicated focus on data governance, especially around the challenges most institutions face to effectively manage and communicate data policies in a coordinated manner within a large organization. In an increasingly regulated environment, internal response capability is key, and the Kalido Data Governance Director will facilitate our efforts with the additional capabilities we need to leverage and rapidly share the benefits of our governance initiatives across our Group, in particular, through access to centralized policies and the reduction of many of the current manual efforts normally required to collect and communicate critical information in alignment with our audit and compliance protocols."
Bill Hewitt, President and CEO of Kalido, said:
- "Kalido Data Governance Director is the first product to operationalize the business process of data management, filling a significant gap in the market. With the explosion of content development from new avenues including mobile devices, companies can no longer afford to take a repository-centric, bottom-up approach. Our new product is the first to focus on a process-centric, top-down approach that enables customers to strategically manage data, delivering a direct and positive economic impact to their business."
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.