Petaquilla Copper Ltd.
TSX : PTC

Petaquilla Copper Ltd.

January 07, 2008 21:00 ET

Petaquilla Copper Ltd. Appoints Chief Financial Officer

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 7, 2008) - Petaquilla Copper Ltd. ("Petaquilla" or the "Company") (TSX:PTC) today announced the appointment of Joao Manuel to the position of Chief Financial Officer, replacing current interim Chief Financial Officer, Tony Ricci. Mr. Ricci, who has served as Petaquilla's interim Chief Financial Officer since November 2006, will continue with the Company in an advisory capacity working closely with Mr. Manuel to ensure a seamless transition.

Before joining the Company, Mr. Manuel worked for Inapa S.A., a large Portuguese paper production group listed on the Euronext Lisbon Exchange. He initially held the post as Inapa S.A.'s Chief Financial Officer when the group was involved in both paper production and distribution and, most recently, as Managing Director of the group's French affiliate where he just completed a major business transformation project. Prior to this, he held senior management positions with several large multinational companies and he brings a wealth of international business experience from positions with Nokia, Alcatel, ITT, General Electric and Price Waterhouse.

Joao Manuel has over 30 years of experience in financial management and he holds a Master Sc. in Management from Boston University and a Degree in Economics from Lisbon University. His other credentials include a Degree in Accounting from the Lisbon Institute of Commerce. He is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.

The Company is delighted that Joao Manuel with his depth of experience in finance, management control and reporting has joined the Petaquilla team and also wishes to thank Tony Ricci for serving as the Company's interim Chief Financial Officer while the Company conducted its search for a full time Chief Financial Officer.

About Petaquilla Copper Ltd. - Petaquilla Copper Ltd. is a mineral exploration firm headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol PTC. The Company holds 52% of Minera Petaquilla, S.A., a joint venture company developing its world-class copper deposit in the Republic of Panama. The remaining 48% is held by Inmet Mining Corporation.

On behalf of the Board of Directors of PETAQUILLA COPPER LTD.

John Cook, President and Director

No stock exchange has approved or disapproved the information contained herein.

Contact Information

  • Petaquilla Copper Ltd.
    John Cook
    President and Director
    (604) 694-0021 or Toll Free: 1-877-694-0021
    (604) 694-0063 (FAX)
    Website: www.petaquillacopper.com