Romarco Minerals Inc.
TSX VENTURE : R

Romarco Minerals Inc.

January 29, 2007 08:31 ET

Romarco Targets Strong Mineralized System

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - Jan. 29, 2007) - ROMARCO MINERALS INC. (TSX VENTURE:R) is pleased to announce that it has initiated a follow up drill program on it's Pine Grove property in Lyon County, Nevada. The 2006 Phase I program intersected wide zones of mineralization:



- PG-32 110 meters averaging 0.96 g/t Au (329-439m) within which there
are the following intercepts: 3 meters @ 2.60 g/t Au and
eight 1.5 meter intervals of greater than 2.00 g/t Au.

- PG-33 183 meters averaging 0.40 g/t Au (232-415m) within which a 1.5
meter interval averaged 1.71 g/t Au.


These wide gold intercepts indicate the presence of a strong mineralizing system and currently appear to open at depth under PG-32 and PG-33. This target is located approximately 2.5 kilometers east of the high-grade, past producing Rockland Mine (also located on the company's land package).

Romarco's winter 2007 Phase II program is underway and will test deeper reaches pf the +100 meter thick brecciated dome defined by the broad PG-32 and PG-33 intercepts. The new program will also test exposed + 1g/t gold vein systems that propagate downward to the deep breccia zone. These targets follow up on the results from Phase I. Approximately 2,300 meters will be drilled in the current program.

Additional targets remain to be evaluated around the Rockland Mine and Romarco has applied for a drilling permit in this area.

Romarco's Qualified Person on the project is Tom Kilbey, Senior Geologist.

The Pine Grove Project, located in the Walker Lane Mineral Belt of western Nevada, is a joint venture with Carlin Gold (TSX VENTURE:CGD). Romarco is earning a 60% interest in the project by completing expenditures of US$2MM prior to December 31, 2009, with an option to elect to earn an additional 10% interest (total 70%) by committing to take the project to final feasibility within three years of Romarco's initial earn-in.

The property consists of 142 unpatented claims, and is located in the Pine Grove mining district, which has estimated historic production of approximately 290,000 ounces gold equivalent (includes silver). The property includes the old Rockland mine, which produced an estimated 50,000 ounces of gold between 1870 and the late 1930's. Pine Grove has excellent potential for discovery of multiple bonanza-grade veins associated with a Tertiary-age bimodal volcanic suite.

Romarco is an advanced stage exploration company engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of precious metals mineral properties. Romarco's management and Board of Directors are comprised of senior mining executives who have extensive experience identifying, developing, financing and operating precious metals deposits in the Americas. It is Romarco's goal to become a producer through development of its own projects as well as through the acquisition of advanced stage projects. Romarco currently has five exploration projects in Nevada, one in Mexico and one in Peru.

ON BEHALF OF ROMARCO MINERALS INC.

Diane R. Garrett, President and C.E.O.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release, which has been prepared by management.

Contact Information