PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 19, 2012) - ShareThis, the world's largest ecosystem for sharing and engagement, today introduced ShareNow, a first-to-market tool now available in beta as a ShareThis Labs product. ShareNow allows publishers to offer automatic sharing to social channels without having to build a custom social reader.
ShareNow is the latest development from ShareThis to make it easy for publishers and bloggers to take advantage of the rapidly changing social landscape and shifts in sharing behavior. The tool also gives readers a readily accessible way to effortlessly share the content they love to their Facebook Timeline, while still maintaining control over and visibility into what they post. Readers can also continually see whether instant sharing is on or off and re-share or delete shares right to their social channels, directly from the publisher page.
Social sharing is an increasingly vital source of traffic for publishers: within ShareThis' own vast publisher network, 31% of referral traffic derives from sharing. By giving publishers an easy way to enable effortless sharing, ShareNow drives greater reach, site interaction and page views. Additionally, readers can adjust their share settings within each individual website and without having to navigate to the social network's privacy controls.
ShareNow offers publishers and readers:
- Ease of implementation: Enable effortless sharing without creating a custom solution
- In-site content management: Continually share or delete shares without having to leave the publisher site
- Seamless click-through to shared content: Recipients of shared content can simply click through to read without having to install an additional social reader app
- Visibility and awareness: The ShareNow widget is always present next to the content, gently alerting readers whether the content has been shared
- User control: A simple "on" and "off" switch allows users to enable or disable automatic sharing and re-share or delete shares without navigating away from the page
"We've always been all about giving people the flexibility to share the content that moves them, whenever and however they want. And we want to make things as simple as possible for publishers to offer their readers that flexibility," says Kurt Abrahamson, CEO, ShareThis. "Until now, there was no way for publishers to enable effortless sharing on their sites without custom development on the social network itself."
ShareNow is currently available to publishers in an open beta. For more information, please visit www.sharethis.com/labs.
ShareThis is the largest ecosystem for sharing and engagement across the Web, reaching more than 85% of the U.S. population online across more than 1.4 million sites. ShareThis works with the world's top publishers and four out of five of the leading national advertisers to tap into the true influence and value of content online. Based in Palo Alto, CA, the company is privately held.