January 07, 2011 14:58 ET
Syncables Launches LivePlay™ Remote Media Access and Streaming Service for PC OEMs
New Service Converts PC Into a Personal Cloud, Delivering Seamless Access to Remote Content Without Costly Cloud Storage Expense
LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - January 7, 2011) - INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW -- Syncables (www.syncables.com), a leading provider of wireless content access, syncing and streaming solutions, today announced the availability of LivePlay™ to PC OEMS. Syncables new LivePlay service turns a computer into a personal cloud server that will stream media libraries, including iTunes playlists, to any desktop, notebook, netbook or tablet with a web browser. Content of a home-based computer is instantly accessible without emailing large files or incurring monthly fees usually associated with online storage and sync services.
"With the demand for media streaming solutions very high and growing, the launch of LivePlay service for PC OEMs comes at a very opportune time," said Rob Halligan, Syncables VP OEM sales and marketing. "LivePlay provides a perfect solution for OEMS to add real competitive and useful value to their stationary and mobile computers, providing their customers an extremely easy means to access their data regardless of their location and with little more than a web browser," Halligan concluded.
Key Features of Live Play:
Anywhere, Anytime Remote Access
- Remotely connects to a PC from any web browser to view/playback photos, home videos and music, including iTunes playlists
- Wirelessly accesses and streams media to and from any LivePlay-enabled computer on a local home network
- Works seamlessly with iTunes library, supporting playlists and album art
- Accesses entire iTunes library on the go -- no need to take time to choose and sync choices to iPods or MP3s with limited disk capacity
Optimal video Streaming with On-the-Fly Transcoding
- Automatically transcodes and formats remote videos on the fly to provide the best playback and viewing experience, eliminating concern about file format
Instant Click-and-Play Sharing with Friends and Family
- Remote sharing of media libraries done simply via an emailed link, with no need for software installation or sending of files
Document Access Supported with Offline Mode
- Upgrade Offline Mode provides document access and downloading to remote computer for viewing and editing while on the road
- English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Licensing partners wanting evaluation copies of Syncables Desktop or pricing information should contact Syncables at email@example.com. For volume licensing to corporate, education or business partners, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Syncables is a privately owned, global provider of wireless syncing and streaming solutions and content management. With its broad array of patented and patent pending technology, Syncables product lines include both consumer applications and mobile advertising technologies bundled with a range of top tier customers, including HP, Dell, ASUS Tech, as well as mobile handset ODMs, carriers and other services providers.
Syncables award winning software allows users to automatically and wirelessly sync, migrate and share content between computers. It syncs files, media, email, contacts and bookmarks. The premium upgrade also syncs between Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems, as well as with Blackberry, Android and Windows Mobile phones. Further information on the Syncables software is available at www.syncables.com.