TDb Split Corp.
TSX : XTD
TSX : XTD.PR.A

TDb Split Corp.

February 25, 2010 12:48 ET

TDb Split Corp.: Financial Results to November 30, 2009

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 25, 2010) - TDb Split Corp. ("TDb Split") announces annual financial results for the year ending November 30, 2009.

As at November 30, 2009, the net asset value of the Company was $12.56 per unit and approximately 91% of the Fund was invested in TD common shares with the remaining 9% in cash. The Company had fixed income instruments in the Priority Equity Portfolio Protection Plan at various times during the year. At the market lows in March 2009 the Priority Equity Portfolio Protection Plan was as high as approximately 50% of the net assets of the Company. However, as a result of the improvement in the price of TD common shares by November 30, 2009, the Company was able to fully liquidate the fixed income instruments in the Plan.

The portfolio is continually rebalanced and adjusted based on the market price of TD Bank common shares. The Company may buy or sell additional shares of TD Bank, write covered call options, and /or increase or decrease fixed income securities in the Priority Equity Protection Plan based on market conditions and provided that the Company remains in compliance with the Priority Equity Protection Plan.

The complete financial statements are available at www.tdbsplit.com or www.sedar.com.

TDb Split invests in common shares of TD Bank, a leading Canadian financial institution.

Selected Financial Information from the Statement of Financial Operations:  
For year ending November 30, 2009  
  ($ Millions)
Income 0.625
Expenses (0.255)
Net investment income 0.370
Realized option premiums and gain (loss) on sale of investments (8.011)
Change in unrealized appreciation of investments 10.784
Increase in net assets from operations before distributions 3.143

Comparative financial information is available in documents filed on www.sedar.com.

Contact Information

  • TDb Split Corp.
    Investor Relations
    416-304-4443 or toll free at 1-877-4-Quadra (1-877-478-2372)
    www.tdbsplit.com