Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency

January 15, 2008 12:41 ET

Tax Tip: Claiming Medical Expenses

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 15, 2008) -

Did you know...

That you can claim, as a non-refundable tax credit, medical expenses for yourself, your spouse or common-law partner, and your children born in 1990 or later? For 2007, the total expenses have to be more than 3% of your net income, or $1,926, whichever is less.

You may also be able to claim medical expenses for the following persons if they depend on you for support:

- you or your spouse or common-law partner's child or grandchild who was born in 1989 or earlier; and

- you or your spouse or common-law partner's parent or certain close relatives who lived in Canada at any time in the year.

Contact Information