Trijet Mining Corp.
TSX VENTURE : TJT

Trijet Mining Corp.

April 21, 2010 08:30 ET

Trijet Acquires Letourneur Property

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - April 21, 2010) - Trijet Mining Corp. ("Trijet" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:TJT) is pleased to announce that it has optioned the Letourneur gold property ("Letourneur" or the "Property"). The Property consist of 18 contiguous mineral claims covering approximately 658.23 hectares located in the Abitibi greenstone belt in north-western Quebec within the Privat Township, N.T.S map-sheet 32D/10.

The property is located 48 kilometres north east of Rouyn-Noranda making it readily accessible by paved and gravel roads. The Letourneur showing consists of a network of gold-mineralized quartz veins for which grab and channel samples, collected from 1997 to 2002, returned values of 1.3 to 39.0 g/t Au. The quartz veins are emplaced in a sequence of meta-andesite, felsic lapilli tuff and gabbroic sill commonly showing carbonate alteration. The NW-SE-oriented Macamic fault runs through the northern end of the property. The structure is also known to host several gold prospects with gold values between 5.1g/t and 96 g/t. A recent electromagnetic and magnetic survey carried out by the MRNFQ/GSC revealed a slight positive magnetic residual anomaly associated with the Letourneur showing whilst several significant EM anomalies were highlighted at the southern end of the property. These historic results are not 43-101 compliant and should not be relied upon by readers. The Company intends to complete a compliant 43-101 report in due course.

Trijet will launch an exploration program that will include ground-based geophysical surveys, trenching and rock sampling later followed by drilling on specific targets determined by the results of the past and proposed geochemical and geophysical surveys.

Trijet has signed an Option Agreement (the "Agreement") to acquire 75% interest in the Letourneur property". Subject to applicable regulatory approval Trijet can earn 75% interest in the property by making cash payments in the amount of $35,000 to the Vendor and by spending $250,000 on the property over two years. Trijet will have the right of first refusal to meet any offer on the remaining 25% interest.

Michel Boily, PhD, P. Geo, a "Qualified Person" as such term is defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information in this news release on behalf of Trijet Mining Corp. 

This agreement is subject to the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

Paul Shatzko, President and Director

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information

  • Trijet Mining Corp.
    Paul Shatzko
    President and Director
    604-669-4367
    604-669-4368 (FAX)