VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Nov. 3, 2012) - Someone in northern B.C. is waking up $25 million richer after two winning tickets were sold for last night's $50 million LOTTO MAX draw.
One winning ticket was sold in Bulkley Valley-Stikine while the other was sold in Alberta. In addition, three tickets sold in B.C. were among the total of 23 MAXMILLION prizes won across the country in last night's LOTTO MAX draw.
Two tickets sold in Kitimat and Victoria won MAXMILLION prizes of $1 million each while one ticket sold in Abbotsford split a MAXMILLION and is worth $333,333.
This is the fifth consecutive week that at least one winning MAXMILLION ticket was sold in B.C. Lottery prize winners have 52 weeks from the draw date printed on their ticket to come forward to claim their prize.
The specific retail locations where a winning lottery ticket was purchased will be announced after the winner has come forward to claim their prize.
We cannot release the name of the lottery winner before they have come forward to claim their prize.
LOTTO MAX FACTS:
- Sixteen $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpots won in Canada since the game launched in 2009.
- The previous LOTTO MAX jackpot won in B.C. was for $25 million in July 2012.
- Odds of winning a jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are 1:28,633,528.
- Draws held every Friday night.
- A $5 ticket features three chances to win.
- Tickets can be purchased until 6 p.m. (PT) on the day of the draw.
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers.
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play.
- LOTTO MAX players in B.C. have won more than $425 million since the game launched in 2009.
- A total of 58 MAXMILLIONS have been won in B.C.
- When the LOTTO MAX jackpot reaches $50 million, prizes of $1 million MAXMILLIONS are added.
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION prize.
What would you do if you won the lottery? Let us know @lottomax.