Vertex One Asset Management Inc.

October 29, 2009 20:43 ET

Vertex Acquires Securities of PRT Forest Regeneration Income Fund

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Oct. 29, 2009) - The Vertex Managed Value Portfolio announces that it has acquired 1,106,100 units of PRT Forest Regeneration Income Fund ("PRT") representing approximately 11.42% of the issued and outstanding units of PRT and the Vertex Value Fund announces that it has acquired 22,500 units of PRT representing approximately 0.23% of the issued and outstanding units of PRT. As a result of the acquisition of such shares, Vertex Managed Value Portfolio, together with Vertex Value Fund, own a total of 1,128,600 units, representing approximately 11.65% of the issued and outstanding common shares of PRT.

The common shares were purchased by the Vertex Managed Value Portfolio and Vertex Value Fund in the open market on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The Vertex Managed Value Portfolio and Vertex Value Fund acquired the securities for investment purposes only and may, depending on market and other conditions, increase or decrease their beneficial ownership, control or direction over common shares or other securities of PRT through market transactions, private agreements or otherwise.

This press release is being issued pursuant to section 5.2 of Multilateral Instrument 62-104 of the Canadian Securities Administrators.

Contact Information

  • Vertex One Asset Management Inc.
    604-681-5787