SOURCE: Yammer Inc.
October 20, 2010 09:00 ET
Yammer Announces Integration With Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010
Yammer SharePoint Webparts Increase Employee Engagement and Productivity
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - October 20, 2010) - Yammer, Inc. today announced integration of its enterprise social networking solution with Microsoft SharePoint 2010. The Yammer SharePoint Webparts enable users to access their Yammer feed directly inside SharePoint, eliminating the need to toggle between SharePoint and Yammer. Yammer allows users to ask questions, find expertise and share ideas with co-workers, increasing employee engagement and productivity. This seamless integration brings conversations into the user's existing workflow.
"Thousands of companies are benefiting from both Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Yammer," said Steve Apfelberg, vice president of marketing at Yammer. "Yammer's SharePoint 2010 integration brings our market-leading enterprise social networking capabilities to SharePoint's robust enterprise collaboration platform. Users can experience the best of both without having to launch and toggle between two applications."
Key Features and Benefits for Users
- See what's happening around the company and drive employee engagement by viewing the Yammer Company Feed on a SharePoint site such as the intranet home page.
- Bring Yammer's ease of use directly into your SharePoint My Site, transforming your My Site into a personal productivity page.
- Post messages, polls, events and links to Yammer directly from SharePoint.
- Upload files to Yammer or maintain SharePoint's version control by posting links to documents stored in SharePoint.
- Securely collaborate with external parties such as customers, vendors or partners via Yammer Communities within the SharePoint environment.
- Search content from both SharePoint and Yammer from within SharePoint. Yammer search results are real-time and discoverable forever.
Key Features and Benefits for Administrators and IT
- Maximize your investment in SharePoint and enhance employee engagement by extending SharePoint into an enterprise-wide communications hub.
- Reduce internal email and related data storage costs.
- Integrate with Active Directory for provisioning and single sign on (SSO).
- Capture tacit and unstructured knowledge within SharePoint.
- Control where Yammer feeds appear using SharePoint's built-in Webpart controls and templates.
- Configure a Yammer feed to appear as read-only.
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leader in enterprise social networking, providing a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. More than 90,000 companies and organizations are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.