SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - Yammer, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks, today announced an integration with HootSuite, a leading social media management system, that allows users to monitor and reply to their Yammer conversations without leaving the HootSuite dashboard. Yammer is the first Enterprise Social Network to be integrated into HootSuite, allowing users to manage both external and internal social network communication from one central hub.
By accessing Yammer inside HootSuite's dashboard, users can view and engage with conversations from across their Yammer network. In addition, employees can post new updates, add attachments and search for content across their Yammer networks from one streamlined interface, saving time and keeping employees focused on engagement. For example, when a community manager notices a customer tweet that requires an immediate response, she can post to her company's Yammer feed to gather feedback and promptly respond to the customer without leaving the HootSuite dashboard.
"The integration of Yammer demonstrates the increasing role of social collaboration in business. As companies grow, employees become increasingly decentralized from one another and rely on multiple tools like Yammer to work through and complete projects," said Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuite. "Use of social media continues to grow beyond marketing. We see departments including customer service, human resources, sales, public relations, and research and development teams are looking to HootSuite for solutions to tackle collaboration problems."
"By continuing to integrate with the leading enterprise applications employees rely on to do their jobs, Yammer is delivering on its vision to be the social layer across all enterprise applications," said Jim Patterson, chief product officer, Yammer. "Our open ecosystem offers an unlimited potential for innovative partner integrations to come."
Additional Integration Partners
Yammer also announced the following new integration partners:
- Bevalley - The business analytics plugin publishes an activity story in Yammer's Ticker when a user creates, updates or grants colleagues access to business data or analyses. Users can also harness the integration to discuss insights on company datasets. For example, if an internal strategy analyst notices that revenue is hitting targets but revenue per sales rep is trending downwards, this user can quickly share and discuss this analysis in Yammer.
- FuzeBox - The real-time, visual collaboration, online meetings and conferences provider publishes an update in Ticker when an employee schedules, starts, joins, ends or publishes a meeting. Colleagues can click on the activity story to view meeting notes, if applicable.
- Get Satisfaction - The customer engagement platform leverages Yammer to bring employees closer to their organization's customers by pushing new Get Satisfaction Questions, Ideas, Problems or Praise, as well as topic replies, directly to Yammer's Ticker. Each activity story includes a link to the Get Satisfaction topic allowing employees to easily navigate back to the community activity they find interesting. The integration also utilizes Yammer Connect to seamlessly authenticate users based on their Yammer login credentials.
- If This Then That (IFTTT) - The connections platform allows users to seamlessly share data between different services. IFTTT built a Yammer connector enabling users to post content and activity from 44 channels directly into Ticker. For example, users may set a condition so that when they share a link on LinkedIn, it gets automatically posted into Yammer.
- Mindflash - The online training platform's integration makes it easier for trainers to increase the number of employees completing company training and measure its bottom-line impact. Trainers can publicize courses in Ticker, invite employees from Yammer Connect and build a course catalog easily discoverable via Universal Search. Trainees benefit too, with seamless access to Mindflash courses and the option to share or brag about course completions in the Ticker.
- Mindjet - The collaborative work management platform is an easy way for employees to share Mindjet task updates into Ticker. Yammer users are then able to follow the task link back to the existing project. This integration also harnesses Yammer Connect for user login authentication.
- Zapier - The enterprise connections platform allows users to sync data from more than 70 cloud applications into Yammer, and vice versa. For example, employees can save Yammer messages to Microsoft SkyDrive or create Zendesk help tickets from inside Yammer.
Partner Comments on the News
"Bevalley's mission is to make business analytics collaborative and useful for everyone. Yammer has allowed us to transform business analytics into a truly social experience. As a result, Yammer users will make better decisions, in addition to measuring their performance in a social and powerful way."
-- Ronny Conde, CEO, Bevalley
"FuzeBox's real-time visual collaboration applications overhaul productivity for workers who otherwise rely on email or jumping on a plane in order to work together. Integrating Yammer allows FuzeBox customers to view and share meeting information and meeting notes, bypassing the hassle of email, travel and meeting recaps."
-- Jeff Cavins, CEO, FuzeBox
"Companies of all sizes, including the most powerful brands like Pitney Bowes and Intuit, rely on Get Satisfaction communities to build trusted connections with their customers. By bringing these interactions into Yammer, companies can enable more internal visibility to customer conversations happening in Get Satisfaction communities, which ultimately improves customer service and drives product innovation."
-- Scott Hirsch, Vice President of Product Marketing, Get Satisfaction
"The distinction between personal and work tools is blurring more and more. Until now, IFTTT has focused on bringing automation and efficiency to the consumer market. By integrating with Yammer, the de facto enterprise social network, people can now control their information in the workplace with new levels of flexibility."
-- Linden Tibbets, CEO, IFTTT
"Companies of all sizes are looking for better ways to train their increasingly remote, flexible and mobile workforces. By partnering with Yammer, Mindflash is making critical training easier to access, complete and share by bringing it directly into the conversations employees are already having on Yammer."
-- Donna Wells, CEO, Mindflash
"With Mindjet, brainstorming is no longer an avalanche of disconnected thoughts. Instead, lay out your smart thinking in a visual map that you can coordinate and execute upon via tasks that are shared on the Web, your mobile device or your computer. Partnering with Yammer delivers on this promise by extending Mindjet's collaborative work management capabilities so that users can easily find experts and resources throughout the Yammer network to accelerate successful project completion."
-- Scott Raskin, CEO, Mindjet
"Zapier and Yammer share a vision for simplifying workflow and making enterprise content more accessible and collaborative. The Zapier integration lets users drag and drop critical content directly into Yammer from third-party apps, making all of your external data instantly shareable -- it's truly as simple and as game-changing as that."
-- Wade Foster, Co-Founder, Zapier
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is a leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks with over 5 million verified corporate users including employees of more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive advanced administrative and security controls, integrations with enterprise applications, priority customer service and a designated customer success manager. Yammer is now part of the Microsoft Office Division.