MISSION, KS--(Marketwired - Apr 4, 2013) - (Family Features) Taking care of your vision is about more than just seeing well. It's about being well. When your eye health is at its best, you're more likely to perform better in all aspects of your life. An eye exam is not just about your sight -- it can detect other hidden health conditions too, like diabetes and high blood pressure. Early detection plays a key part in managing these diseases and improving your overall health.
Unfortunately, not everyone has the luxury of vision insurance to help pay for eye care. But there are affordable individual vision care options available that will save you hundreds of dollars, if you know what to look for.
When exploring vision insurance options, consider the following:
- Does it cover frames, lenses and contacts?
- Are the premiums affordable and do they give me the option of monthly payment?
- What co-pays will I be responsible for?
- Does it have convenient locations with a large network of doctors?
- How much will it lower my out-of-pocket costs?
- What customer service support is provided and do they have any satisfaction guarantees?
There are a number of companies that offer individual vision insurance. For example, the most prominent vision insurance company, VSP® Vision Care, offers individual plans direct to consumers. As the nation's only not-for-profit vision care company, it meets all of the above criteria and has a reputation for taking care of its members. Plans are affordable enough that you can buy one for yourself or even give one as a gift to someone you care about. This will give you coverage that:
- Covers the eye exam with a low co-pay
- Provides an allowance for frames, lenses and contacts
- Gives you the lowest total out-of-pocket cost
- Is 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed
- Gives you access to the largest doctor network in the industry, with more than 29,000 doctors in convenient locations close to your home or office
Learn more at www.givevsp.com, and visit VSP on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vspvisioncare by May 1, 2013 for a chance to win a free individual plan.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.