AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - May 28, 2015) - Accordion Health, a leading health care analytics provider making health care costs more transparent and actionable, today announces the groundbreaking lineup for the inaugural Employer Health Conference taking place June 4, 2015 at the Austin Technology Incubator in Austin, Texas. Speakers include prominent health and medical professionals from several renowned Texas organizations including the University of Texas' Dell Medical School and Law School, Seton Health Plan, National Instruments, Texas Department of Transportation, Dell, Austin Health Department and many others.
Employer Health will be an unprecedented gathering of some of the most influential stakeholders across the entire national health services chain, from patient to insurer and all those in between, to drive change in an increasingly costly and rapidly changing landscape.
"Employers are key partners in getting value for our health care dollars, but need new perspectives and new tools to make the post-ACA system work better for their workforces and for themselves," said Dr. Bill Sage, James R. Dougherty Chair for Faculty Excellence and Professor at the University of Texas School of Law. "The Employer Health Conference is the ideal venue for these perspectives and tools.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Sriram Vishwanath, PhD, Professor, University of Texas & Founder, Accordion Health
- William M. Sage, MD, JD, University of Texas School of Law
- Maninder "Mini" Kahlon, PhD, Vice Dean for Partnerships & Strategy, University of Texas Dell Medical School
- Greg Sokolosky, General Manager, Employer Flexible
- Wendy Smith, Executive Director, Seton Health Plan
- Catherine E. Livingston, Partner, Jones Day
- Susan Thompson, Wellness Director, National Instruments
- Audrey Thompson, Statewide Wellness Coordinator, Texas Department of Transportation
- Tre' McCalister, Principal, Mercer & Former Global Health Strategist for Dell
- Dr. Philip Huang, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Austin/Travis County Health Department
- Patti Parker, Vice President, Population Health Management
- Dr. Anas Daghestani, MD, Medical Director for the ARC Medical Home/Population Health and Clinical Quality, Chief of the ARC Internal Medicine Department, and President of Austin Regional Clinic
"We are thrilled to welcome some of the most dynamic partners in health care to this first-of-its-kind effort to discuss what is working and what isn't in today's system," said Sriram Vishwanath, president and co-founder of Accordion Health and recipient of the NSF CAREER award. "Our ultimate goal at Accordion Health is to reduce the burden of high costs affecting the national health care ecosystem and we're looking forward to discussing ways to achieve this with like-minded individuals at Employer Health."
Employer Health will enable the sharing of best practices and honest discussion of challenges faced when making employer insurance decisions, as well as provide education on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to spur development of smart solutions that will make affordable health care more accessible. Through five dynamic plenary panel sessions and two technology showcases, speakers will foster discussion on a wide range of critical topics in health care, including the Affordable Care Act's Employer Mandate, best practices in health care cost management, the latest research in health care analytics, and solutions from provider groups toward reducing cost of care for employers (including bundling and ACOs).
Accordion Health encourages all HR directors, wellness coordinators, provider groups, consultants and technology startups to register now at www.employerhealth.org to secure their seats at Employer Health 2015. Media may apply for press credentials through the press contact below.
Follow the conversation @employerhealth.
About Accordion Health
Accordion Health is the future of health care analytics. With the aid of sophisticated data mining and machine learning tools, Accordion Health is building a platform that will provide actionable insights into health care expenditures. Accordion Health seeks to increase transparency in health care services with the goal of decreasing the burden of cost for patients so that stakeholders across the entire health services chain can focus on what matters most. Learn more by visiting www.AccordionHealth.com and following @accordionhealth.