BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Jun 25, 2012) - Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today introduced the Acme Packet Community, a tightly integrated series of forums and resource centers for Acme Packet customers and partners. The Acme Packet Community is part of the company's newly launched website and can be found at http://community.acmepacket.com/.
- The Acme Packet Community is designed to enable collaboration among Acme Packet customers, partners, and employees -- facilitating peer-to-peer support from answering how-to questions and validating configuration concepts.
- Acme Packet designed the Community to promote peer-to-peer collaboration for sharing tools, tips, and techniques around deployment, configuration, and operations and management of Acme Packet solutions. The Community hosts multiple collaborative support areas on topics such as SIP trunking and interconnect, security and compliance, interoperability, and IMS.
- The Acme Packet Community provides developer tools to facilitate the adoption of Acme Packet technologies and forums for discussing application programming interfaces (APIs) for Acme Packet solutions, including Header Manipulation Rules (HMRs) for Acme Packet's session border controller (SBC) solutions as well as the Acme Packet Net-Net Application Session Controller offering.
- The Acme Packet Community is also part of Acme Packet's new website, which features an intuitive navigation scheme, a partner portal, and an innovative corporate and industry news area, known as "The Session."
- Concept validation from peer-to-peer discussions and assistance
- Quick and simple access to tools and expertise for developers
- Forum for building industry relationships and networking
- Recognition of community leaders
"Acme Packet customers and partners have always been very enthusiastic about engaging with their peers in the industry and developing new solutions leveraging our products," said Marianne Budnik, chief marketing officer, Acme Packet. "Now, the Acme Packet Community provides a forum for Acme Packet customers, partners, and employees to share best practices, facilitate developer knowledge transfers, and discuss new industry trends."
More about Acme Packet:
Session initiation protocol, SIP, session delivery networks, SDN, header manipulation rules, HMR, customer engagement, user forum
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, video, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 220 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,600 customers in 107 countries have deployed over 16,000 Acme Packet systems, including 88 of the top 100 service providers and 41 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, expected financial and operating results, expected growth rates, future stock-based compensation and amortization expenses, future business prospects and market conditions. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These include, but are not limited to: the amount of stock-based compensation awarded; the applicable Company stock price used to determine stock-based compensation; the exercise pattern of employee stock options; difficulties expanding the Company's customer base; difficulties leveraging market opportunities; difficulties providing solutions that meet the needs of customers; poor product sales; long sales cycles; difficulties developing new products; difficulties in relationships with vendors and partners; higher risks in international operations; difficulties managing rapid growth; difficulties managing the Company's financial performance; the ability to hire and retain employees and appropriately staff operations; the Company's cash needs; the impact of new accounting pronouncements and increased competition. Additional factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.