BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Feb 22, 2013) - Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, announced that it will work with China Mobile Communications Corporation to demonstrate TD-LTE applications, including HD video, using Acme Packet's Net-Net SIP Multimedia-Xpress (SMX) at the 2013 Mobile World Congress, taking place from February 25-28 in Barcelona, Spain.
- The demonstration leverages Acme Packet's SMX solution to enable China Mobile's HD video calling, photo sharing, instant messaging, SMS, and multi-party conferencing services on Quanta Computer's tablets, notebooks, and smartphones.
- Acme Packet's Net-Net SMX consolidates several IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) functions into a single network element, simplifying IMS architectures, reducing the total cost of ownership, and enabling service providers to quickly implement next-generation services, such as voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Rich Communications Services (RCS).
- The demonstration can be seen at China Mobile's stand, located in Hall 5 Stand 5I120 at Mobile World Congress.
- For more information about Acme Packet's IMS solutions visit Acme Packet's booth, located in Hall 6 Stand 6G20 at Mobile World Congress.
Benefits of Net-Net SIP Multimedia-Xpress:
- Rapid time to market though minimal systems for deployment and provisioning
- Lower capital expenditure and operational costs by combining the session core and edge into one element
- Cloud-like scalability from thousands to millions of users by simply adding more systems
- "This demonstration marks a significant step for service providers looking to deliver high quality communications services like HD video over LTE," said Pat MeLampy, co-founder and chief technology officer, Acme Packet.
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, China Mobile, IMS, LTE, long term evolution, RCS, rich communications services, HD video
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, video, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 309 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,925 customers in 109 countries have deployed over 21,000 Acme Packet systems, including 89 of the top 100 service providers and 51 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to the benefits of our products and solutions, including cost savings and flexibility. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.