BURLINGTON, MA--(Marketwired - Feb 25, 2014) - Acquia, where great digital experiences begin, today announced the company's continued growth as the leading provider of integrated digital experiences. Acquia is dedicated to assisting organizations create and deliver digital experiences with both freedom and agility.
The end of 2013 marked the company's 19th consecutive quarter of revenue growth. Acquia's year-over-year revenue grew by 51 percent in 2013, and momentum continued in the last quarter of 2013, as Acquia's bookings increased 45 percent compared to the fourth quarter of 2012. With its continued growth, Acquia was recognized as the fastest growing private company in North America on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500. Additionally, the company significantly increased its workforce in 2013, growing from 280 to more than 400 employees worldwide.
Acquia Cloud Site Factory had its most successful quarter to date, with Emmis Digital and Heartland Dental, LLC among the brands adopting the solution. Acquia Cloud Site Factory allows companies to build hundreds of sites faster, and with a lower cost of ownership, than any other enterprise class solution on the market.
"With more than 550 affiliate locations, we needed a solution to help grow our capacity to deliver custom digital experiences for hundreds of dental offices in our network," said Patrick Bauer, Chief Operations Officer and President of Heartland Dental, LLC. "Acquia Cloud Site Factory is designed to include repeatable design and content -- such as health education and patient offers -- across web properties, all while maintaining custom branding and local content, to help us keep pace with the demands of the marketplace."
"Organizations are well aware of the importance of keeping up with the speed of the web -- digital disruption has forced them to revisit the digital experience they're delivering to their customers. Adopting a platform that marries content, community and commerce into an integrated digital experience will set the successful organizations apart," said Tom Erickson, Acquia CEO. "Brands today understand this demand for a unified digital experience, and Acquia's growth speaks to that."
Organizations achieve a greater degree of integration with digital marketing tools to optimize the customer experience. Acquia solutions make it easy for brands to create social business communities and deliver contextual shopping experiences with the flexibility, scalability, and security that online commerce demands. Available as a service, Acquia solutions for digital lifecycle management are delivered on the most secure, scalable, and reliable cloud environment available for Drupal.
"Digital experiences delivered on a secure, scalable foundation need to attract customers through creative design and content, interact with them through optimization to nurture brand advocacy, transact through commerce to drive revenue, and react to receive feedback while encouraging message amplification," said Dilip Keshu, CEO of Group MG. "Drupal offers enterprises a single platform to do all of this. Acquia takes the Drupal value proposition a step further in bringing together the converging worlds of content and commerce with its integrated digital experience solutions -- platform as a service (PaaS) or software as a service (SaaS), with no lock-ins."
Further building on Acquia's solution set, the company announced an update to Drupal Commons, adding enhanced analytics and translation management capabilities. Drupal Commons enables organizations to create engaging social communities and speed their time to market. With the addition of Acquia Analytics, a customizable business intelligence platform that offers real-time insights, organizations can gain a deeper understanding into their community make-up, find commonalities among members, and more easily identify brand advocates. The new translation management capabilities allow community members to engage in any conversation, regardless of what language they speak or where they are located.
A common theme that began to emerge in 2013 is the migration to Drupal from other proprietary content management systems. In fact, the Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) migrated to Drupal 7 from Adobe on an accelerated four-month schedule, giving BART increased agility and integration with key systems to keep its riders connected and informed. With Acquia's expertise and the use of Acquia Cloud, the new site passed an early test when the BART system experienced a major service delay just five days after its site launch. On November 22, BART.gov traffic spiked more than 10 times typical demand as riders sought up-to-the-minute news about the service delay. The new, highly performant website on Acquia Cloud operated with no errors, illustrating the significant benefits of Acquia's technology and expertise.
"Drupal adoption has seen significant growth in the last year, evidenced by the uptick in the number of customers leveraging Acquia's world-class tools and support to guide them through a successful Drupal migration. This year, we're working toward the release of Drupal 8, the most enterprise-ready version of Drupal yet. It's going to be another exciting year," said Dries Buytaert, CTO and co-founder, Acquia.
The Drupal community has more than 1 million members, with more than 30,000 active developers who contribute code to the Drupal project on a regular basis, providing an engine for digital innovation.
- Acquia continued its international expansion, appointing Martyn Eley as its general manager in EMEA; Stephan Weiland as regional sales director for Germany, Austria and Switzerland; Fredrik Blomqvist as a regional sales manager for the Nordics; and Adrian Teo as the first regional sales manager for Singapore. International expansion will continue into 2014 as a result of Acquia's sales presence in nine countries.
- Acquia was recognized as the fastest growing private company on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 in North America.
- Acquia was honored as a BostInno 50 on Fire winner in the Marketing & Advertising category. These awards recognize the hottest Boston-based disruptors and innovators spanning a variety of industries that are igniting the Boston scene.
Customer and Partner Expansion
- Acquia added 87 new partners in the last quarter, bringing the total number of global partners to 800. New additions to Acquia's Partner Program include Perficient, iSite Design, HUGE, Inc., Mindtree, Clarion Technologies, CollabraLink Technologies, Inc, and Group FMG.
- Acquia grew its higher education customer base by more than 40 percent in the past year. Now working with more than 300 institutions worldwide, Acquia helps colleges and universities discover how Drupal, as an open source technology, can present a cost-effective approach to build and deliver content-rich, socially-enabled digital experiences to attract and engage prospective students, existing students, faculty and staff.
- New customers Acquia signed in Q4 2013 span a variety of industries, including higher ed, healthcare and retail, to name a few. These customers include Aéroports de Montréal, Cigna European Services, Lush Ltd, National Association of REALTORS, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Bullhorn, Delaware State University, FIS Global, Heartland Dental LLC, HH Saudi Research and Marketing, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, National Cooperative Grocers Association, Pinterest, and the University of Colorado Boulder. Acquia's customer base exceeds 4,000 organizations worldwide.
Product and Market Highlights
- The company achieved record sales for Acquia Cloud Site Factory, which allows companies to build hundreds of sites faster, and with a lower cost of ownership, than any other enterprise class solution on the market.
- Acquia announced the creation of the Digital Alliance program, bringing together digital marketing and infrastructure technology companies that provide tools and applications to further assist organizations speed their digital innovation. A goal of the Digital Alliance program is to empower marketers to develop innovative, integrated digital marketing solutions by leveraging best-of-breed applications. Founding members of the Digital Alliance program include Akamai, Amazon, AppNeta, Alfresco, Badgeville, Blazemeter, Brightcove, Brow.si, Conductrics, Demandbase, Evergage, Gigya, Janrain, Jetbrains, KISSmetrics, Lingotek, Marketo, New Relic, Ooyala, SugarCRM, and Wingify.
Acquia is where great digital experiences begin. Acquia is helping some of the world's leading brands succeed, including Twitter, Mercedes Benz, Warner Music Group, and Stanford University. Join the more than 4,000 organizations that are moving at the speed of the web with Acquia's solutions for content, community and commerce. Acquia offers developer tools, cloud solutions and global expertise to drive success the open source way.
Dream It. Drupal It. Acquia.
See who's using Drupal at http://www.drupalshowcase.com, and for more information visit www.acquia.com or call +1 781 238 8600.
All logos, company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.