NORTH VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Dec. 19, 2013) - ACT Aurora Control Technologies Corp. (TSX VENTURE:ACU) ("Aurora"), a leader in inline measurement and control technology for the photovoltaic manufacturing industry is pleased to provide a year-end overview and operational update.
The $80 billion photovoltaic industry is now emerging from a two-year period of restructuring due to excess production capacity. During this period, investments in production equipment declined dramatically. Despite this challenging environment, in 2013 Aurora made great strides. The company's first product, the Decima CD ™ was successfully completed and tested by an industry leader, and the company built visibility and strong market positioning for commercial development. Industry analysts are now projecting that 2014 will be a growth year for photovoltaic production equipment suppliers. With our investments during 2013, Aurora is well positioned to benefit as we look ahead.
Significant highlights for 2013 include:
- Completed the Decima CD inline measurement product. The Decima CD is an industry first, using our patent-pending technology to rapidly and accurately measure a solar cell's critical quality parameters in the presence of production line noise and variations.
- Achieved CE certification for the Decima CD.
- Completed successful testing of the Decima CD, and achieved qualification as a supplier, by a top-tier solar cell and module manufacturer, Hanwha Q CELLS.
- Advanced our research and development on expanded Decima measurement technology and applications, in cooperation with industry partners and ISC Konstanz.
- Aurora's Decima technology was successfully used in industrial research presented by ISC Konstanz at the prestigious EU PVSEC conference in September.
- Established a global market partnership with Jonas & Redmann, a pre-eminent German mechanical engineering company that has built and installed production line automation for solar energy manufacturers worldwide.
- SEMI's PV Group, the pre-eminent global industry association for photovoltaic equipment and product manufacturers invited Aurora to present at the "PV Fab Managers Forum", their flagship annual event for manufacturing executives. As a result of this, Aurora established a visible role in the body that defines and publishes the annual "roadmap" for manufacturing technology and processes in the industry.
- Established a market partnership for China with SIBCO, a company that engineers and commissions production line technology for solar energy and semiconductor manufacturers, including some of the largest manufacturers in the industry.
In summary, over the past year Aurora has made significant progress in establishing its capabilities during a turbulent time for the solar energy industry. We have completed our flagship product and proven it at one of the solar industry's leaders, developed strong partnerships with complementary production equipment and engineering companies to broaden our market reach, and built the company's visibility such that we are now invited to participate in setting industry directions. With all of this as a basis, and with the industry now regaining balance after a period of restructuring, we are well-positioned in the photovoltaic market as we look forward into 2014.
ACT Aurora Control Technologies Corp. develops, manufactures and markets inline measurement systems for the photovoltaic industry. Headquartered in North Vancouver, Canada, and founded by experienced leaders in process measurement, semiconductor manufacturing and industrial automation, the Company's inline, real‐time measurement and control products provide photovoltaic cell manufacturers with the means to lower production costs and increase profitability. The Company's shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange and trade under the symbol "ACU".
For more information, visit Aurora's website at www.auroracontrol.com.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Some statements in this news release contain forward-looking information. These statements address future events and conditions and, as such, involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the statements. The Company does not assume the obligation to update any forward-looking statement.